- Job Title
- Billing Representative
- Job ID
- Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- Other Location
Looking for an experienced, professional and organized person to join our team as a Medical Billing Specialist. Ideally, we are looking for someone with a minimum of 1 year of billing experience working in a medical billing setting.
Job Functions (may change as the position evolves):
· Insurance follow-up and appeals
· Monitor Accounts Receivable
· Reads and interprets insurance Explanations of Payments (EOP) or Explanations of Benefits (EOB) with understanding and can independently take appropriate next steps to resolve issues
· Posting of insurance and patient payments
· Review and update demographics and patient information for accuracy
All qualified candidates must have the following required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of billing experience in a health care organization.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of billing practices.
- Knowledge with health insurance policies.
- Ability to examine and enter billing/demographic information completely and accurately.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations.
- Ability to perform all tasks accurately, completely, and timely.
- Experience with data entry into a practice management system.
- Excellent computer skills.
Additionally, qualified candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Professional, pleasant demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills over the phone.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, concisely and effectively both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education, experience, and skills
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes
• Previous Tiny Term program experience
• Must be well organized and detail oriented
• Working knowledge of HMO/IPA, PPO , Work Comp guidelines
• Computer literate
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work well under time deadlines
• Diploma or equivalent
• Over 3 years medical insurance verification experience
• 3 yeas related job experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA:
Carrying/Lifting: Lifting and carrying charts and supplies.
Standing: Assisting patients and performing Billing Manager duties on floor.
Sitting: Floor procedures, computer work, paperwork, and phones.
Walking: Assisting patients, transporting supplies, performing Billing Manager duties.
Repetitive Motion: Reaching and grasping, keyboard activities.
Visual Acuity: Ability to view computer monitor and read.
Environmental Exposure: Patient contact.
Speaking and Hearing: Communicating with patients and coworkers.
Job Types: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Pay Range
- $17.00 None to $20.00 None