- Job Title
- Learning Designer
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Johnson City, TN
- Other Location
LabConnect improves lives by partnering with pharma/biotech companies and clinical research organizations (CROs) to accelerate the development of new medicines around the world. An independent, global, one-stop-shop focused on delivering central laboratory services that are tailor-made, timely and flexible to meet the evolving study demands from traditional to increasingly complex trials.
The Learning Designer Contractor role will create learning solutions that meet the needs of the contemporary learner, incorporate design thinking best practices, and deliver via the most effective media (i.e., Learning Management System (LMS) driven, instructor-lead, and learning-on-demand). This position will work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to design and execute training engagements. This is a 30 hour per week role.
What will you do?
- Partner with the Training Manager and SMEs to recommend the best format for delivering learning solutions based on objectives and desired outcomes.
- Design and build training that engages learners, including the use of infographics, eLearning modules, job aides, and gamification.
- Design and build eLearning engagements using Articulate 360, Adobe Photoshop, and other similar technologies.
- Develop and maintain visual and instructional design standards for learning solutions integrated throughout the LMS.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies to ensure learning solutions stay relevant and impactful.
- Assist in the evaluation of learning solutions and data collection related to key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure the effectiveness of development strategies and plans.
- Lead multiple priorities based on changing business needs.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups and key partners.
- Convert information into easily used and understood text and graphics.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
What will you bring to the table?
- BA/BS Degree in Instructional Design or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of related experience is preferred
- Technical Writing, Education. Ability to provide examples of instructional design work
- Proficient working knowledge of adult learning principles with a demonstrated ability to apply those principles in clinical research or medical environment.
- Strong project management & interpersonal skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands, Travel, etc.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
It is the policy of LabConnect to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email email@example.com or call (423) 722-3155.
For more information, visit www.labconnect.com