Undergraduate Intern, Supply Chain (Warner Bros. & Universal Pictures Joint Venture)
- Job Title
- Undergraduate Intern, Supply Chain (Warner Bros. & Universal Pictures Joint Venture)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Universal City, CA 91608
- Other Location
Studio Distribution Services (SDS) is a joint venture between Warner Bros. and Universal Pictures. We are responsible for the sales, retail marketing, and distribution of physical home entertainment (DVDs, Blu-rays, etc.) for film and television in the US and Canada. Our vision is to be the leading partner for the entertainment industry and retailers by innovating packaged media.
With the backing of two world-renowned media organizations, we endeavor to be a bold and inventive company that’s not afraid to take risks to maintain the trust of our studio and retail partners. Bring your entrepreneurial spirit to SDS, where we believe in fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture, and embrace diverse backgrounds, ideas, and approaches, at all levels within our organization. Headquartered on the iconic Universal Lot in Los Angeles, SDS also has sales offices in Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, and Toronto, Canada.
Joining the SDS team as an intern comes with all the perks you’d expect from Warner Bros. and Universal, like access to incredible content, a hybrid work schedule observing core hours (3 days in the office & 2 remote), ability to contribute to a 401k, training & development, access to executives, and more.
The pay for this internship is $20/hour.
This internship will learn and participate in supervised practical training in the key functional disciplines that drive our supply chain utilizing and applying their skills to real world activities in the fast-paced entertainment industry. Specifically, the summer intern will spend an equal amount of time in the Demand Planning, Material Requirements Planning, and Order Management departments.
This intern selected for this role will enjoy:
- People Engagement - Work with some of the most talented people in the entertainment industry, people you will be proud to learn from. The intern will enjoy an experienced business mentor throughout the summer.
- Learning Experience - We invest in training and development of our team. The intern will be part of an organization that invests in the skills of our people to enhance individual careers and the company in general.
- Our Culture - As a market leader in the entertainment industry, SDS offers not only the best content from our partner studios, but also the personalizes attention of a start up.
- Three (3) four-week sprints in key supply chain management functional areas including:
- Creating a Demand Plan for an account
- Read & place a purchase order for manufacturing our product
- Place a distribution order for a retail customer
- Challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the functional area and allow the intern to take responsibility for real business tasks.
- Participating in day-to-day activities of assigned functional areas, assisting in the completion of routine and non-routine tasks.
- Assisting in applying knowledge to analyze, investigate, and resolve problems.
- Gaining communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses.
- Eagerness to learn with an interest in Supply Chain Management
- Customer focus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, team player
- Attend a college/university and working towards a BA/BS degree.
- Be in our offices in Universal City - Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday from at least 10am-4pm, work remotely Monday & Friday
- Basic communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal team members
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in the MS O365 suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, & Teams
Studio Distribution Services’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Studio Distribution Services will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.