Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Job Title
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Job ID
- Goshen, IN 46526
- Other Location
Healogics is hiring a Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for our Wound Care Center at Goshen Hospital in Goshen, IN.
Find. Treat. Heal. If you feel strongly about this mission, you should Come Heal With Us!
Schedule: Typical clinic hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Given our commitment to Finding, Treating, and Healing, this schedule can vary to accommodate and prioritize our patients.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Provider, the Wound Care Center Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides wound-related and other basic nursing care to the center’s patients according to all the WCC and hospital policies and procedures, care and safety protocols, and Clinical Services Practice Guidelines.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will be joining a team of compassionate Wound Specialists that have touched the lives of more than 2.5 million people, preserved dignity and restored hope. The impact of healing wounds through innovative care resonates with our wound care doctors, nurses and other specialists who build strong relationships with patients and their families and see lives change.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Job Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the RN/Provider, provides wound-related patient care according to Basic Life Support (BLS) and approved and hospital protocols, Policies & Procedures.
- Assist in vein clinic as assigned after Healogics Vein Clinic training completed.
- May assist with intake and discharge.
- May provide assistance with case management under the direction of RN, in accordance with state regulations.
- Gathers patient information.
- Gathers necessary equipment and supplies for the RN or provider.
- Reports quality of care issues to Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Communicates as needed with all team members regarding therapeutic interventions, to ensure quality of care.
- Performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy related duties, as needed, after completing the required Healogics hyperbaric training.
- May perform hyperbaric safety director duties after completing the required Healogics hyperbaric safety director training.
- May function as a Documentation Assistant (scribe) in accordance with Healogics policy
- Performs other duties as delegated.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Graduate from an accredited practical nursing program/state approved educational program
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) license in the state of practice -to maintain throughout the duration of employment in the position
- Wound care experience preferred
- Demonstrated competency in BLS (Basic Life Support)
At Healogics, we believe that a people-first, patient-centered employment experience begins with providing exceptional benefits and compensation. From competitive compensation and tuition reimbursement to a matching 401(k) plan, we provide comprehensive benefits to all full-time Healogics team members.
Why should you Come Heal With Us?
- People-first, Patient-centered - We view our patients and our teammates as people, first.
- Serving Others - Be part of a team that helps the large, underserved population of people suffering from chronic wounds.
- Collaboration - Work with thousands of clinical colleagues, sharing best practices and clinical outcomes.
- Work/Life Harmony - Healogics clinical staff typically has a weekday schedule, creating more time for family and friends. Our providers have a schedule that rarely, if ever, includes evening, on-call or weekend responsibilities.
- Locations Nationwide - We have team members healing patients in over 600+ locations across the country.
- National Presence with a Family Feel - Healogics operates locally, with a family feel, but has a national presence and resource base.
- Committed to Nurse Development - We offer an extensive competency program, tuition reimbursement, and ANCC accredited continuing education.
- Healthy Working Environment - Operate in an environment that is safe, empowering and satisfying.
Please email Jai Sanders at email@example.com for more information! In the meantime, please watch this short video that walks through a Day in the Life in a Wound Care Center!
The hourly rate for this position generally ranges between $19.20 - $24.00 / hour. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications: education, experience, geography as well as operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.