Patient Navigator / Front Office Coordinator
- Job Title
- Patient Navigator / Front Office Coordinator
- Job ID
- Pittsburg, PA 15237
- Other Location
Healogics is hiring a Full-Time Patient Navigator for our Wound Care Center at Heritage Valley North Hills in Pittsburg, PA.
Find. Treat. Heal. If you feel strongly about this mission, you should Come Heal With Us!
Schedule: Typical clinic hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Given our commitment to Finding, Treating, and Healing, this schedule can vary to accommodate and prioritize our patients.
Our Patient Navigator will work with supervision from the Program Director to provide high-quality service within a Healogics Wound Care Center. They manage a variety of front office functions and are key to smooth operation of a dynamic outpatient wound care center.
The Patient Navigator will be joining a team of compassionate Wound Specialists that have touched the lives of more than 2.5 million people, preserved dignity and restored hope. The impact of healing wounds through innovative care resonates with our wound care doctors, nurses and other specialists who build strong relationships with patients and their families and see lives change.
Patient Navigator, Wound Care Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with Center leadership to maximize daily patient census.
- Actively participates in staff meetings to support key functions within the Center.
- Greets patients and other visitors, answers and routes calls to appropriate staff.
- Maintains all patient communication needs including scheduling, rescheduling, and appointment reminders. Also works and schedules for provider, according to the care continuum model.
- Obtains and verifies patient insurance information, to include pre-certifications and pre-authorizations for services and enters data in appropriate databases.
- Collects and enters patient charges in databases.
- Verifies and reconciles charges as directed, prepares monthly patient survey data and appropriate documentation, then transmits to providers.
- Assembles new patient charts, maintains and files existing patient charts, and spot checks charts for data completeness and signatures.
- Coordinates/schedules ancillary testing with other hospital departments.
- Arranges for patient transportation as needed.
- Maintains office equipment and supplies as needed, and medical supplies as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Patient Navigator, Wound Care Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Two or more years office administration experience, preferably in a medical setting
- Prior medical coding experience preferred
- Associate’s degree preferred
At Healogics, we believe that a people-first, patient-centered employment experience begins with providing exceptional benefits and compensation. From competitive compensation and tuition reimbursement to a matching 401(k) plan, we provide comprehensive benefits to all full-time Healogics team members.
Why should you Come Heal With Us?
- People-first, Patient-centered - We view our patients and our teammates as people, first.
- Serving Others - Be part of a team that helps the large, underserved population of people suffering from chronic wounds.
- Collaboration - Work with thousands of clinical colleagues, sharing best practices and clinical outcomes.
- Work/Life Harmony - Healogics clinical staff typically has a weekday schedule, creating more time for family and friends. Our providers have a schedule that rarely, if ever, includes evening, on-call or weekend responsibilities.
- Locations Nationwide - We have team members healing patients in over 600+ locations across the country.
- National Presence with a Family Feel - Healogics operates locally, with a family feel, but has a national presence and resource base.
- Committed to Nurse Development - We offer an extensive competency program, tuition reimbursement, and ANCC accredited continuing education.
- Healthy Working Environment - Operate in an environment that is safe, empowering and satisfying.
Please email Hannah Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information! In the meantime, please watch this short video that walks through a Day in the Life in a Wound Care Center!
The hourly rate for this position generally ranges between $15.30 - $18.90 / hour. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications: education, experience, geography as well as operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.