Director of Operations
- Job Title
- Director of Operations
- Job ID
- Columbus, OH 43213
- Other Location
Healogics is hiring for a Director of Operations to join our Wound Care team in Columbus, OH.
Travel: This position will require more than 50% travel.
Job Context and Summary:
Healogics is the largest provider of advanced wound care services in the United States, treating more than 300,000 chronic wound patients annually across over 600 sites. With an aging society, obesity and diabetes on the rise, and an uptick in surgical procedures, the number of patients with non-healing wounds that would benefit from expert care is dramatically increasing. As a result, the company is working to provide our differentiated, quality outcomes to as many patients that would benefit through our out-patient clinic partnerships.
In partnership with the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring the successful performance of each Wound Care Center within their oversight by effectively managing all clinical, operational, and financial elements of their respective Wound Care Centers.
This position will lead and drive our Grow the Business strategies for their area by partnering with their Vice President of Operations to develop and manage high-quality clinical programs that are aligned with the company’s vision and mission of enhancing Healogics’ position as the leader in wound care.
All Healogics employees must perform their job responsibilities according to all Healogics policies, Hospital policies, as well as to accrediting organizations, federal and state regulation, and to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, as applicable, being in full compliance with all company compliance policies, including your teams adherence.
- Responsible for Growing the Business through the optimization of our Wound Care Clinics business through the effective and efficient management of all clinical, financial, and operational elements of the out patient wound care clinics within a defined area.
- Responsible for ensuring Exceptional Patient Experiences through oversite of the comprehensive day to day operational and clinical quality components of the Wound Care Center to provide the best care to every patient that would benefit.
- Implements, develops, and manages programs that demonstrate our value to our hospital partners through the consistent delivery of high-quality care.
- Creates an Inspiring Workplace by proactively partnering with the leadership within their area to achieve success through improved profitability, increased quality of care, and operational excellence.
- Demonstrates an Own It leadership style, taking personal accountability to achieve Key Results with integrity as well as holding center level management within their area accountable to outcomes and role responsibilities.
- Supports our Culture and leads through a performance driven nature, beginning with setting clear expectations, coaching and teaching their teammates and measuring for results.
- Participates in overall strategic operational and clinical goal setting for the defined area and actively manages against set targets to achieve results.
- Provides timely and effective responses to all customers and consistently drives value and brand awareness through differentiated, high quality outputs.
- Partners with the Vice President of Operations to deploy appropriate mechanisms to ensure accurate financial budgeting, reporting, and forecasting for a defined area. Identifies trends to proactively address and mitigate financial impacts.
- Actively uses a variety of data mechanisms to track and monitor center operational, clinical, and financial performance measures to address and positively impact performance in all three areas.
- Creates a culture of One Healogics through the development and management of a team of center level managers passionate about driving wound care healing and prevention forward by managing programs that provide quality care to all who would benefit.
- Demonstrates Process Excellence in all activities and holds leadership to a consistent execution of key processes, protocols, and procedures across all centers, achieving the agreed upon plans and objectives established.
- Creates a Patient First approach to all activities within the area by ensuring all activities are done according to policy and compliantly.
- Speaks Up by providing timely and constructive coaching to direct reports, creating a high-performance culture.
- Accountable for the financial, operational and clinical results for your teams; holding teams responsible and accountable for their decisions, behavior, and actions.
Required Education, Experience and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent OR a Registered Nurse license
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Extensive business operations experience in the healthcare industry, including a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated experience and success in healthcare operations, clinical, and financial management
- The duties required for this position involve driving on behalf of the company. As such, the background check for this position will include both the general background check done for all positions as well as a review of a candidate’s driver’s license history. When consenting to the background check, candidates are consenting to both screens. Applicable provisions of the FCRA and state law would apply to both screens.
Healogics is the nation’s largest healthcare provider for wound care services and offers our consulting services to nearly 800 hospitals throughout the United States. If you would like to join a specialized team dedicated to wound healing and committed to sharing our expertise, apply today.
Please reach out to Ashley Helfrich at Ashley.Helfrich@healogics.com for more information!