Customer Support Specialist - Credentialing
- Job Title
- Customer Support Specialist - Credentialing
- Job ID
- Arlington, TX 76001
- Other Location
About the Company:
FleetNurse is the premier mobile application and platform for on-demand healthcare staffing. Through the FleetNurse platform, nurses will gain access to available per diem shifts at local facilities within their area. Shift notifications are sent within the FleetNurse app and nurses may choose to accept or deny shifts. Most shifts are per diem, allowing FleetNurse providers to keep full-time or part-time jobs.
FleetNurse’s mission is to empower nurses to provide exceptional care anytime, any place. The FleetNurse platform helps fulfill the need for credentialed healthcare professionals in a variety of health systems and provides nurses with empowerment over their schedules. FleetNurse is also Joint Commission certified, a nationally recognized symbol of quality that reflects the organization’s commitment to meeting the highest performance standards.
FleetNurse was founded in 2018 with a mission to use its gig-economy platform to provide ondemand, qualified, credentialed healthcare professionals to fill open and critical shifts at healthcare facilities. Its platform helps improve staffing levels and reduces staffing-related costs for facilities while providing nurses and nursing assistants flexibility in their work lives
- Offer full range of customer service to assigned group of clincians by phone and email. Full range of customer service includes handling of incoming calls and outgoing calls. The offered customer service should be of highest quality – accurate, polite, and competent.
- Review and process credentialing documents for Nursing and Allied Health professionals that are submitted via mobile application.
- Walk the clinician through the credentialing and onboarding process.
- Work duties include data input and other office tasks.
- Additional responsibilities may be added as the needs of the business change and expand.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Exceptional computer skills and ability to learn new programs.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of credentialing nurses and allied health professionals highly preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Be open and receptive to constructive feedback. Listen and ask questions.
- Understand and meet the targets set by Management.
- An opportunity to join an exciting startup company!
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Welfare Benefits (life and disability insurance)
- Training & Development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options