Industrial Hygienist Program Manager - Scottsdale
- Job Title
- Industrial Hygienist Program Manager - Scottsdale
- Job ID
- Scottsdale, AZ 85257
- Other Location
Western Technologies Inc.
Industrial Hygienist Program Manager
Western Technologies Inc., one of the RMA Companies, has an excellent opportunity for an Industrial Hygienist Program Manager in our Phoenix, Arizona office.
The successful candidate will have experience in field monitoring and sample collection activities in the areas of asbestos, lead-based paint, indoor air quality, workplace exposure, noise and vibration on construction sites, and performing monitoring and documentation of contractor work practices and activities on abatement and remediation sites. This position requires a senior level, hardworking, safe, efficient and dedicated employee that is excited to lead the Industrial Hygiene team. Candidates must be willing and able to travel, and work nights, weekends, and extended hours, depending on the project requirements.
- Companywide responsibilities including business development and maintaining client relations.
- Supervise junior staff in coordinating asbestos and industrial hygiene projects
- Perform instrument and pump calibrations according to standard operating procedures.
- Keep detail records and recordings of all field activities.
- Proficiency in use of sampling equipment including sample media, paperwork, and ancillary equipment to implement assigned field tasks.
- Manage asbestos, lead, exposure assessments and indoor air quality monitoring and sampling services.
- Conduct routine and periodic noise and vibration monitoring activities on construction sites.
- Ensure proper equipment operation, data logging activities, and data recording activities
- Manage the collection of samples of bulk materials, particulates and dust, gases and vapors, air, water, and waste materials
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractor activities for projects
- Prepare spreadsheets and summaries of data and observations, and make comparisons to applicable regulatory standards and exposure levels for senior review.
- Work outside in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold)
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 50 pounds) onto job sites
- Ability to carry and climb ladders
- Use and control handheld power tools
- Be able to wear a respirator, safety harness and other safety equipment, as needed
BS in Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, Geology, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Microbiology, or related environmental field
5+ years of professional experience in the execution of asbestos surveys, asbestos air monitoring, and project management, regulated and hazardous materials, mold and asbestos (construction industry experience a plus)
Experience conducting traditional environmental consulting
PE or RG certification preferred.
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) credential preferred.
OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPPER Training.
EPA accreditations for asbestos inspector and contractor supervisor.
EPA certifications for lead-based paint risk assessor.
Licensure for asbestos and lead in Arizona, Nevada, Utah, or Colorado is preferred, but not required.
Experience with MS Office and CADD
Certified Radon Mitigation Specialist
Clean driving record
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, holiday, paid-time off, 401k.
Visit our web site to apply on-line at wt-us.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!