Sr. Procurement Manager
- Job Title
- Sr. Procurement Manager
- Job ID
What would you say to a senior management position with a well-established, but still growing dairy company? As industry pioneers & leaders, this family-owned company looks for talent in innovative, energetic, and responsible individuals. They are looking for a Senior Procurement Manager to supervise a team, lead by example, and build positive relationships.
Location: Reno, NV
- Lead person for negotiation of supplier programs, pricing, terms, and incentive opportunities.
- Develop a strong rapport with suppliers including key decision makers.
- Manages all aspects of the RFP Process, analysis, negotiation strategy including growth incentives, contract drafting, awarding of business, and agreement execution plans.
- Manage delivered price vs. Company’s in-bound freight to determine lowest “delivered” cost goods.
- Satisfy requests for new item development and qualifies opportunities with sales department.
- Navigate and manage opportunity buys of raw materials when available.
- Builds and maintains quality relationships with key suppliers.
- 5+ years of commodity buying experience is a must.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business, or another closely related field
- 7+ years of relevant operational procurement experience in food manufacturing, dairy preferred.
- Strong Purchasing/Strategic Sourcing expertise
- Strategic and creative thinker who can drive communication internally and externally and keep pace with a changing marketplace.
- Strong teammate & leader, with the innate ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a detailed understanding of cost drivers