Madison/Milwaukee, WI WMEP Manufacturing Solutions helps small and mid-sized Wisconsin manufacturers grow and succeed.
Our decades of manufacturing experience, range of services, and passion for manufacturing translates into a consistently high return on investment for our clients.
We meet manufacturers where they are in their business journeys and develop custom strategies and solutions to make their organizations more competitive and profitable.The operational excellence manufacturing consultant plays a critical role in driving operational improvements and fostering a collaborative work environment within manufacturing companies. The successful candidate will be a proactive and results-oriented professional with a strong passion for operational excellence and continuous improvement.
Our team values the deep satisfaction obtained by helping WI Manufacturers and their employees succeed. Employment with WMEP provides team members an opportunity to focus on and use their skills, knowledge, and experience to help manufacturers improve their business. The unique and energizing work environment at WMEP offers employees:
• Great Work-Life Balance with “built-in” flexibility
• Professional development and career growth opportunities
• Access to industry experts and national network of resources
• A team oriented, collaborative, engaging culture
• Competitive, stable income, attractive performance bonus, 401K match
WMEP Manufacturing Solutions (WMEP) is currently recruiting for an Operations Excellence Consultant to be based in the Wisconsin. Management skills are preferred.
The Operations Excellence Consultant will travel statewide to work closely with WMEP manufacturing clients to guide them through transformation, by identifying value creating opportunities, and then shaping, aligning, and supporting their implementation to drive long-term success. The Operations Excellence Consultant will be responsible for assessing manufacturers’ needs and implementing solutions, on-time, within budget with high customer ROI and a quantifiable impact. The Consultant will team with Business Development and Account Executives to support sales calls and solution development.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
• Proficient in lean leadership and manufacturing principles and tools; demonstrated experience in leading and growing a culture of Continuous Improvement; thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity, and throughput improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or manufacturing-related discipline or equivalent.
• 10-15 years or more experience in a manufacturing environment at a leadership level is preferred.
• Experience in Continuous Improvement, managing direct reports and some experience in a consulting role, is preferred.
• Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including clients, staff, and partners.
• Strong collaboration and teamwork skills: Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment. Excellent interpersonal skills to establish rapport and build relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills including strong presentation skills.
• Six Sigma Black or Green Belt Certification is preferred but not required.
• Ability to resolve problems and make decisions quickly toward organizational goals.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
• Ability to manage outcomes as related to client success and individual/team contributions to ensure compliance with organizational goals and financial results.
• Ability to exhibit WMEP’s corporate core competencies which include but are not limited to customer focus, ethics/integrity, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and results focus.
**Reside and work in Madison or Milwaukee Region.
● Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
● 401(k) with company contribution
● Generous Paid Time Off
● Paid Holidays
● Employee Assistance Program
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. WMEP Manufacturing Solutions will require verification of employment eligibility at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
WMEP Manufacturing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants without attention to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
WMEP Manufacturing Solutions does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to job postings by WMEP Manufacturing Solutions, including on our website or social media. WMEP Manufacturing Solutions will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. WMEP Manufacturing Solutions explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiters or employment agencies. Unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to WMEP Manufacturing Solutions employees, are deemed to be the property of WMEP Manufacturing Solutions.