Application Sales Rep
- Job Title
- Application Sales Rep
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68127
- Other Location
If you thrive on opportunity and challenge and have the confidence that your success depends on your talents and efforts, you want to be part of the Conductix-Wampfler team! Conductix-Wampfler is a progressive and growing organization that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities in the electrification and cable management markets.
In this ASR position, you will be an essential part of the Inside Sales team, assisting customers with many of their day-to-day requests, including:
- Engineered system quotes involving working with the customer to help direct them to the best solution.
- Helping customers identify the correct replacement parts based on photos and previous documentation.
- Coordinating with the outside sales force on customer requests.
- Working with Engineering to get new part numbers and products created based on customer specifications
- Following-up with customers regarding active quotations and existing orders
This position is multi-faceted, and in a medium-sized organization, so you must interact comfortably with other departments regularly. Must be comfortable in a technical product setting.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business; or equivalent business experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Deal effectively with discounts, percentages, and proportions and currency conversion
- Must type 50 WPM with 90% accuracy
- Ability to read and analyze business information
- Presentation and customer interaction skills
If you have the initiative to "get things done" and possess exceptional communication and time management skills, we want to talk with you. Conductix-Wampler offers an excellent salary, benefit, and bonus package along with ongoing personal and career development opportunities.
See full job description below:
The Application Sales Representative works with customers and prospects, primarily by telephone and E-mail, to develop appropriate product specifications and quotations; and work through product-specific issues for Conductix-Wampfler products. The Application Sales Representative (ASR) associate works closely with other members of SMO Americas, the outside sales force, and the COEs to ensure customer satisfaction. As a primary internal point of contact for customers and prospects, an ASR associate must determine customers’ requirements and quote the appropriate solution. As such, he/she is responsible for knowing multiple products well enough to be able to determine and quote solutions for a variety of basic applications. A large percentage of system quotes created by the ASR associate will be completed with the use of QuickQuote, but he/she will have the opportunity to quote straightforward engineered systems using other methods as well.
The Application Sales Representative associate must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, be extremely well-organized, and take the initiative to complete assigned tasks – all while providing an exceptional level of customer service and cultivating strong relationships with customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of all the products CX-WA USA offers, and a good understanding of the applications in which they are used.
- Determine product needs and develop both parts and systems quotations in response to customer requests.
Provide technical information (e.g., drawings) relating to quotations and customer requests.
- Stay abreast of major quotations, and work with outside sales force, Market Development Manager, or others as needed to put Conductix-Wampfler in the best possible position to win the business.
- Handle day-to-day customer requests, such as providing price and availability, and determining the status of quotes, orders, and shipments.
- Enter customer complaints/concerns immediately upon learning of them.
- Initiate involvement by technical personnel for more complex issues or product failures.
- Generate Engineering Requests for activities such as the creation of new part numbers and bills of materials.