- Job Title
- Dental Hygienist
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Dental Hygienist is responsible for the promotion of dental health by completing dental prophylaxis and scaling and root planning treatment; providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies; charting conditions of decay and oral disease; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Essential job functions:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient's oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic x-rays.
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Cleans and polishes removable appliances. Smooth and removes overhangs from existing restorations. Removes cement from crowns and bridges.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
Texas Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) License.
CPR (BLS) certificate.
At least two (2) years’ experience.
Bilingual in Spanish.