Technical Project Manager
- Job Title
- Technical Project Manager
- Job ID
- New York, NY
- Other Location
Technical Project Manager
7+ Months W2 Contract
New York, NY
The Digital Media Business Intelligence Team is seeking an experienced technical project manager to drive our exciting strategic initiatives including the migration of key data flows to a cloud computing environment and the creation of multiple dashboard and analytics projects. This individual will need to be able to function with a high level of autonomy and strong bias for action to ensure all BI team projects have clear project plans and that work is completed in a timely fashion.
This role requires a technical background in understanding data structures and BI tools in addition to a consistent track record of delivering results. As a technical project manager you will partner with multiple functional areas across Adobe including BI Product, Data engineering, Power BI developers and Data analysts to develop project plans and oversee execution against those plans.
What you'll do:
- Develop detailed project plans inclusive of all key tasks and milestones.
- Manage the BI team's end to end JIRA set up. Create stories and tasks in JIRA to enable developers to efficiently manage their work. Establish different Kanban board layouts to best drive key meetings. Establish and maintain a backlog of future development efforts.
- Work with BI developers to collect status updates and ensure work is completed in a timely manner. Identify areas where work is at risk of falling off track and proactively suggest solutions for course correcting.
- Provide concise status updates to DME BI leader on a regular basis. Prepare high level roadmap and status update documentation that can be shared with senior leadership.
- Collaborate with key technical partners throughout Adobe to collect necessary inputs for the BI team in a timely fashion (e.g., securing access to new database tables and collating technical documentation).
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of total work experience with a minimum of 3+ years of technical project management work, preferably in the data analytics space.
- Working technical understanding of data warehouses and BI technologies (e.g., Power BI) and experience project managing development teams.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated track record of operating with a high sense of urgency, bias for action and consistently meeting deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and successfully multi-task.
- Highly collaborative approach to working with partners across multiple functional areas.
$59.15 - $73.94 / HR
- Pay Range
- ¤59.15 Hourly to ¤73.94 Hourly