Marketing Project Manager
- Job Title
- Marketing Project Manager
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Pleasanton, CA 94588
- Other Location
Marketing Project Manager
12+ Months W2 Contract or C2C
Pleasanton, CA (Hybrid)
The Marketing Project/Program Manager, who reports into the Project Management Office (PMO), plays a key role in the organization, coordination, and management of Workday’s industry events and trade shows as well as corporate, executive, and internal events as needed. Demonstrating their keen understanding of business to business marketing, this person will drive, facilitate, and lead our events from planning through execution, ensuring all activities and results are met and synchronized to deliver a high-quality event experience in a successful and timely way. This person might also assume program management responsibilities above and beyond events to support one or more of our high visibility marketing programs.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the global event marketing team, field marketing team, and other functional leads to define, document, and communicate scope with all key partners.
- Build project plans and schedules to support the successful execution of our events including planning, website development, announcements, registration, virtual event platform needs, onsite coordination (booth fixtures, video, swag, handouts, posters, directional signage, etc.), among others.
- Ensure all deliverables align with project scope and goals.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and drive status and workstream meetings.
- Complete meeting agendas, highlight key landmarks, drive issue resolution, and keep track of next steps.
- Summarize and communicate meeting outcomes to all stakeholders.
- Track key dates, run task/project/program/event dependencies, facilitate creative and approvals, and proactively communicate issues.
- Conduct offline meetings with cross-functional marketing teams (creative, digital, web production, QA, localization, social, demand, customer marketing, product marketing, regional teams, etc.) to ensure priorities are known, issues are resolved, and efforts are coordinated.
- Maintain communication with all project/program/event partners to ensure internal and external alignment, optimization of resources, smooth handoffs, and project/program/event consistency and quality.
- Assign creative and production resources through project management tool. Lead and supervise progress, handoffs, and status.
- Leverage other tools as needed to provide program management support to our stakeholders.
- Create high-level program overview with timeline and milestones, identify program workstreams and respective owners, define the right sequence and cadence of meetings to support the successful execution of the program, lead the definition of the program’s decision making matrix, and run the flow of communication to all stakeholder groups keeping them informed of status, risks and dependencies; including our executive and leadership teams.
- Audit projects/events once completed, conduct post-mortem meetings, outline improvements, and implement process changes in collaboration with the event marketing team and PMO.
- 7+ years of project management experience preferably in a business to business environment.
- Proficient in project management tools (e.g., Workfront, Google docs, Smartsheet, MS Project, etc.).
- Shown experience working with cross-functional teams and running virtual and in-person teams.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, efficient, and strong focus on process.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver results on-time with grace under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence, motivate, and ensure collaboration of cross-functional teams.
- Capable of embracing change; maintaining an open mind as well as being flexible in the face of ambiguity.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as problem solve and improve processes.
- Understanding of SaaS and/or enterprise software marketing a plus.
- Understanding of design concepts, file types, and execution requirements.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Agency experience is a plus.
$50.67 - $63.33 / HR
- Pay Range
- ¤50.67 Hourly to ¤63.33 Hourly