- Job Title
- Executive Assistant
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20002
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an Executive Assistant to the Chief Human Resources Officer in our Human Resources Department who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Executive Assistant:
- Oversees daily operations and logistics for the Executive Director of Human Resource, including all telephone inquiries, e-mail inbox organization and management, and overall calendar management
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications, answer and manage incoming calls
- Generate reports, data, graphs, PowerPoint presentations, etc., for HR Leadership, Union and Board meetings
- Provide HR support through project management and coordination. Ensures that HR projects are complete and delivered on time. Work closely with the HR Leadership Team on HR projects, data mining, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as needed
- Effectively organizes and oversees all digital and print documents, inboxes and communication systems for seamless access and utilization by the Executive Director.
- Collaborate with the HUH’s Labor Regulations team, corporate executives and managers on Labor Relations activities.
- Orders and maintains an inventory of office supplies, computer equipment and printing supplies.
- Provide proactive team support / backup to colleagues in the Executive Administration and HR staff
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years executive assistant experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
- Required Skills