Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Graphic Designer
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- HOUSTON, TX 77010
- Other Location
Why the Partnership
When you join the Greater Houston Partnership, you get the opportunity to work with an organization helping guide the future of the Houston region. Our team of professional’s work across multiple disciplines, including: Economic Development (Regional and International), Executive, Finance & Accounting, Marketing & Communications, Member Engagement, Public Policy, Regional Workforce Development, Research, Resources, and the Center for Houston’s Future.
Who We Are
The Greater Houston Partnership works to make Houston one of the best places to live, work and build a business. As the economic development organization for the region, the Partnership champions growth across 12 counties by bringing together business and civic-minded leaders who are dedicated to the area’s long-term success. Representing more than 900 member organizations and approximately one-fifth of the region’s workforce, the Partnership is the place companies come together to make an impact.
We look forward to telling you more about the organization and helping determine if a career with the Partnership is right for you!
Today, We Are Looking For
The Graphic Designer is responsible for maintaining consistency in process, content, and delivery of material that is produced in the design suite such as print layouts, design for online and multimedia interfaces, prototypes, and comps, as well as final art.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Assist the design process for Partnership collateral, including emails, website content, advertising signage, event materials, brochures, white papers, reports, logos, and other communication materials.
- Consult with Partnership staff on upholding brand standards for all visual communications.
- Create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inform, inspire, and captivate various audiences.
- Print, cut, and mount banners and directional signs.
- Work alongside the project manager to meet project deadlines and/or communicate estimated deliverables through the use of the project management service Basecamp.
- Ability to take and analyze direction from clients to implement into design execution.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask during peak times.
- Amend final designs and gain final approval of design products.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are desirable for job success:
Behavioral Competencies-Attributes, Behaviors, and Competencies (ABC’s)
- Proficiency in Adobe design software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) required.
- Strong understanding of graphic design fundamentals, including but not limited to typography, color, and grid.
- Knowledge of print production and the ability to create print-ready files.
- Ability to see projects through, start to finish, with minimal guidance.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to work in a high-volume communications environment with tight deadlines and fast turnarounds.
- Able to work well with different departments and individuals from all Partnership divisions.
- Ability to follow designated Partnership brand and communication guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact.
- Professional appearance.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as needed.
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality.
Achievement Focus - Recognizes and acts on opportunities; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Accountable- Willing to be judged; takes ownership; makes decisions; overcomes obstacles; takes initiative and finishes a job at a high-level of excellence.
Judgement- Makes timely decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, contributes to building a positive team spirit, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, and puts success of team above own interests.
Executes with excellence – Consistently delivers on promises to the highest standards, appreciates and demands quality, goes the extra mile.
Exceptional communicator- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing; can write prose with proper grammar and syntax; listens actively; builds trust; uses the appropriate media for the situation; knows what and when to communicate to a particular audience.
Nimble, flexible- Adaptable; manages ambiguity; embraces change; considers change vital in pursuit of GHP’s Mission; stretches to get job done.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Three to five years of professional experience in graphic design and/or web production is preferred.
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision making skills.
No special requirements.