- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partner with a Public Safety organization in Green Cove Springs for their search of a Staff Accountant.
Starting pay Range: $46,000 - $53,000
The Staff Accountant is generally responsible for day to day fiscal activities, and is integral to ensure accuracy and timeliness of accounting activities and to maintain a sound financial control environment .The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Fiscal Manager and indirectly to the Accounting Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs cash reconciliations for all active bank accounts by accurately comparing incoming and outgoing bank funds against general receipts and disbursements as well as credit card activity, recorded in the general ledger account.
- Resolves discrepancies identified during the reconciliation process.
- Acts as the independent accounting employee to review, verify, and initial the deposits and seal them in a secure banking deposit transmittal bag.
- Verifies and approves receivables and payable invoices and journal entries, prepared by the Accounting Specialist(s).
- Provides coverage for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, as situation demands, under the supervision of the Fiscal Manager.
- Reviews the reconciliation between sub-ledgers and general ledgers of receivables and payables, and gather all backup documentation keeping with the agency’s policies.
- Generates routine and special reports, for monthly, quarterly and annual close processes.
- Coordinates, monitors, and prepares financial grant reporting, ensuring that all expenditures are following the specifications and guidelines of the grant.
- Regularly verifies data entries in all GL accounts, and performs reclass journal entries, thereby maintaining the data integrity of the chart of accounts.
- Generates and provides accreditation unit with proof of compliance documentation as directed, ensuring it meets the accreditation requirements.
- Performs ad-hoc projects as requested by Fiscal Manager, Controller and/or CFO
- Conducts themselves in an ethical and professional manner, abiding by the established code of ethics, and demonstrates a courteous, and professional image when engaged in any activity with the public.
- Demonstrates an understanding, consideration, and respect of cultural, religious, and gender differences when interacting with the public and colleagues.
- Possesses sufficient knowledge and will correctly perform all the designated duties and assume all responsibilities as required in the absence of the co-worker or during periods of work overload in accordance with agency policy, procedures and supervisory direction.
- Responds to supervision, guidance, direction, and feedback of superiors in a receptive manner and in accordance with agency policies.
- Participates in training classes/seminars, designed to enhance job specific skills, knowledge, and abilities or to fulfill specific requirements.
- Follows all leave and attendance related policies/procedures, including, but not limited to arriving on time, working the entire shift, submission of vacation and personnel requests, notification to supervisor regarding absence from work due to illness or untimely incidents and notification of supervisor concerning overtime hours worked.
- Checks their assigned mailbox, telephone/electronic messages (email), responding to messages in a prompt and professional manner.
- Operates and cares for equipment to manufacturer’s specifications and / or within the specified parameters and in accordance with agency policies, and monitoring and making recommendations for additional needs of supplies and/equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by direct and indirect supervisors.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (required)
- At least two years of related experience (required)
- None Specified
- Ability to correctly and appropriately interpret and apply GAAP, GASB, FSA Manual, and
- Strong analytical and attention-to-detail skills to ensure timeliness and accuracy of
- Ability to interpret, follow and apply agency policies/procedures/directives related to the job performed by the incumbent and demonstrate this knowledge in daily job performance.
- Ability to demonstrate self-initiated activity to contribute to goal achievement consistent with departmental expectations, agency mission and pursuant to agency policies.
- Ability to demonstrate congenial, respectful, and productive behaviors and attitudes towards others in working relationships and situations.
- Ability to actively participate in training classes, and seminars designed to enhance leadership and job specific skills, knowledge, and abilities or to fulfill specific requirements.
- Ability to use appropriate judgment to look beyond surface issues to identify and analyze problems and develop effective responses and solutions to resolve such problems.
- Demonstrate well-developed communication skills and the ability to listen, interpret and convey information and instructions in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of business management practices and procedures, business terminology and accounting practices.
- Ability to demonstrate adequate knowledge and skill in the use of office equipment and proficiency in accounting/payroll software applications, other agency and county specific applications as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook applications.
- Ability to efficiently organize, prioritize, schedule, and manage daily work activities, tasks, and special assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal agency and/or external personnel as appropriate to enhance their job related productivity and project a positive image for the Agency
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (required)
• At least two years of related experience (required)
- Pay Range
- ¤46,000.00 Annually to ¤53,000.00 Annually