Inventory Control Specialist
- Job Title
- Inventory Control Specialist
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32250-0249
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a globally leading supplier of medical technology solutions for almost all surgical fields in their search for a Inventory Specialist
This position coordinates the return of all unused inventory from the Sales Reps by keeping track of inventory virtually. They frequently speak with Sales Reps to organize these returns and follow up with shipping errors. At the same time, they provide information, brochures, and answer questions about the products. Communication will typically be conducted over email, but they will also need to take phone calls. This position will be in the warehouse, but they will have their own workstation.
The supervisor is looking for someone who does not job-hop (i.e. they do not change roles every 3-4 months). For experience, they are looking for someone with an Admin or Customer Service background. Candidates will need to be proficient in Excel, they will need to know how to sort and format. Priorities will change on a whim for this role. Candidates will need to be comfortable with rapidly changing tasks.
Hours: 9:30 am - 6:30 pm
This position will handle Material Transactions, Inventory Adjustments, Cycle Counts, and Product Identification for the Sales Support Department. Examine, inspect, and inventory materials and finished parts and products for defects and wear to ensure conformance with Inspection tasks, product descriptions, and reference materials.
This role is working with very small parts (think screws that are between 1.5mm-3mm in diameter) so inventory experience with smaller parts would be beneficial.
The hiring manager provided the following notes on what he is looking for based on the job description.
- Material Transactions, Inventory Adjustments,(SAP experience would be ideal but any type of inventory software experience would be helpful)
- Cycle Counts, and Product Identification for the Sales Support Department. (Here is where experience with identifying small parts would be ideal, cycle counts are easier to train someone on but would also be helpful to have experience)
We also look at:
- Job longevity: it’s a plus for me when someone has at least 1 job on their work experience with a few years.
- General inventory experience: This is helpful because it tells me that someone is familiar with duties involving inventory and the work environment.
• Investigates the root cause of material discrepancies; executes corrective actions to resolve problems
• Communicates with in house employees to answer questions pertaining to product and procedures.
• Assist with the assembly of material according to sales orders received, as needed.
• Posting incoming orders for the Sales Support storage location while maintaining batch control for SSD material.
• Use of SAP
• Contributes and assists with process improvement initiatives
• Assures work stations are kept in a clean, safe and orderly manner
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications
• Use of SAP preferred but not required
- Pay Range
- ¤17.00 Hourly to ¤17.00 Hourly