Part-Time Retail Sales Associate - Greater Houston
- Job Title
- Part-Time Retail Sales Associate - Greater Houston
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77098
- Other Location
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
What type of organization would you choose?
For more than 100 years, Girl Scouts has helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life. From the youngest Girl Scout to our graduating high school seniors, Girl Scouts of all backgrounds and abilities can be unapologetically themselves as they discover their strengths and rise to meet new challenges. Through our programming, girls are exposed to a vast array of educational topics such as the arts, entrepreneurship, the outdoors, STEM and more. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader. The leadership program for girls is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience model, which allows girls to discover a positive value system and a strong sense of self, connect with others, build healthy relationships, identify causes that are meaningful, and take action to make the world a better place.
The Part-Time Retail Specialist for the Houston Girl Scout Shop is responsible for Girl Scout shop functions including inventory management, point of sale system, proper handling of cash receipts and superior customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes cash receipts at the assigned retail location in accordance with documented procedures.
- Maintains inventory in amounts responsive to needs of volunteers and staff in consultation with the Inventory Specialist and Shop Manager.
- Prepares orders, receives inventory and monitors return of defective or overstocked items.
- Stock the sales floor and keep back stock organized.
- Maintain a clean and organized sales floor.
- Ensure merchandising supports the program and needs of the customers.
- Participates in cycle counts and annual inventory.
- Greet customers and make suggestions and encourage purchase of products.
- Handles customer order requests insuring prompt response within 1 business day.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation to record book transfers and consignments.
- Assists in training new shop personnel.
- Monitors outstanding debts and consignments.
- Follow the quarterly markdown process.
- The shop is typically open Tuesday-Saturday between the hours of 9am-6pm (actual part-time schedule varies)
- Must be available to work Tuesdays and occasional Mondays
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Valid Texas driver's license and proof of insurance.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council fosters belonging and respect for all girls. We empower all girls, volunteers and staff to fulfill their potential and make the world a better place. Our Girl Scout Promise drives us to provide diverse, equitable and inclusive experiences where all girls, volunteers and staff are confident they belong. We stand firm in these commitments and united by these ideals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.