Procurement Coordinator - Materials & Services
- Job Title
- Procurement Coordinator - Materials & Services
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
Are you an eager, self-motivated individual who wants to learn all about Sourcing and Procurement in a fast-growing food company? If you answered yes, keep reading because this may be the job for you! This company is at the forefront of transforming the way leafy greens are grown and distributed across the US. They currently operate 16 acres of production at 6 greenhouse farms along the East Coast and into the Midwest and are continuing to grow at an exponential rate! They are seeking a Procurement Coordinator who will be responsible for setting up contracts, placing purchase obligations, and working with the Procurement Director to create an Indirect Procurement department and P2P process.
Location: Irvington, NY
- Responsible for supporting the Farms and Headquarters by centralizing current vendors.
- Support Purchasing department by placing POs in a timely manner and work closely with the Sourcing Manager and Materials and Warehousing Manager.
- Build 3rd Party knowledge pertaining to industry items and continue to develop current relationships.
- Collaborate with other companies under the portfolio of Bright Farms parent company and optimize sourcing practices.
- Develop new processes and business practices as it pertains to Sourcing and PO placement.
- Coordinate and execute maintenance contracts with the grow facilities.
- Work with Greenhouse & Supply Chain teams to continuously improve vendor performance through management KPIs.
- Develop supply resilience plan through VMI, alternate approved suppliers, etc.
- The scope of this role may change as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1+ years of relevant Procurement experience in FMCG / CPG manufacturing.
- Experience in project management, vendor relations, managing expectations of internal stakeholders.
- Experience working with PPE, MRO, and Maintenance Contracts is a plus.
- Proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data from multiple sources.
- Ability to prepare and present information and recommendations from documentation (spreadsheets, charts, graphs)
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision as a self-starter.
- Ability to travel occasionally