- Job Title
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Summit Point, WV 25446
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
With 35 years of experience, Summit Point Motorsports Park and Training Facility provides Commercial Motorsports events along with customized Security and Emergency Medical training solutions on our 786-acre facility located in Summit Point, WV. We are a recognized leader in the Motorsports and Security Training Solutions Markets for both commercial and government clients. We take pride in providing tailored solutions for clients in an ever-evolving world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Primary function is to provide Basic Life Support care to those in need at our facility within the guidelines set forth by the State of West Virginia Office of EMS. A EMT/Firefighter should be able to operate and maintain ambulance and equipment and maintain skill sets and certifications. A Summit Point Firefighter must protect the Summit Point Training Facility and Motorsports Park property which includes high speed racetracks, buildings, wooded areas, explosive ranges and other structures and areas. The position participates in fire suppression, vehicle extrication/stabilization, and standby for the explosives range.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Perform daily check offs of equipment, ambulance, and fire truck to ensure they are in working order to respond to emergencies.
- Perform triage and a variety of emergency medical treatments as an BLS provider as well as provide continuing care while en route to the hospital.
- Follow West Virginia State Office of EMS protocols which include both invasive and non-invasive medical treatments. Skills/Therapies are included but not limited to assessment and evaluation of the ill and injured, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation, administration of medications, applications of dressings and bandages, advanced airways management, and immobilizations.
- Operate an ambulance and fire apparatus in a safe manner driving both emergency and non-emergency both on public roadways and motorsports tracks.
- Work alongside and coordinate patient care with other members of the emergency services team to ensure all work safely together and for the best outcome of the patient.
- Employ safe lifting and moving techniques.
- Act as a mentor/preceptor for new hire EMTs and Firefighters.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with both clients, coworkers, and over the radio channels.
- Complete run sheets and other required documentation in their entirety in a clear and through manner.
- Operate firefighting equipment such as pumps, extinguishers, and extrication tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Coordinate with EMS crew on safe extrication and rescue efforts.
- Coordinate landing zones when needed for emergency evacuations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Update and maintain all required certifications for both EMT/Firefighter positions.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, National Registry EMT or WV EMT Certification, West Virginia Firefighter 1 & 2 or equivalent such as Pro Board or IFSAC certifications in Firefighter 1 & 2 from another jurisdiction.
- Valid Driver’s License, certified in emergency vehicle operations (EVOC), BLS CPR certified, International Training Life support (ITLS)/ Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Pediatric Education for Prehospital Providers (PEPP) or Hazmat Operations, MCI 1 & 2, NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work some weekends.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- 1 year of active 911 experience in both EMT and Firefighting is desired.
Physical effort involves for indefinite periods of time, mobility within an office and field environment; subject to infectious diseases, bodily fluids, toxic chemicals, dust/mites, fumes, odors, explosives, firearms and ammunition, electrical, and mechanical hazards; exposure to extreme heat or cold, noise, heights; walking, twisting body, stooping, standing, squatting, sorting, sitting, seeing, hearing, running, pushing, pulling, lifting, dragging; carrying in excess of 150 lbs., lifting above shoulder level, use of both hands and legs; climbing, crawling, reading, critical decision making. Stress may also be encountered due to high acuity situations.
Work Conditions:Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Normal hours will be flexible shifts, weekdays and weekends.Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964