Vice President, Information Technology
- Job Title
- Vice President, Information Technology
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Boston, MA
- Other Location
Position: Vice President, Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Boston, MA Hybrid - 3 days a week (T, W, Th)
The Vice President, Information Technology will guide the vision and strategy for all information systems and technology for the US oncology business as it scales to become a leader in oncology as part of LG Chem.
The VP, IT is responsible for developing and executing the strategic vision of the global organization as relates to information systems, and IT infrastructure including data security-, short- and long-term integration planning across enterprise and satellite platforms. The VP, IT will oversee delivery of multiple GxP and compliance focused systems and balance the security and strategy of the overall enterprise with the specific needs of the US oncology business.
The VP, Information Technology, reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop, support, and align Information Technology strategy to corporate goals.
- Drive transformational change by developing and aligning the IT strategy and service offerings to business objectives.
- Serve as technology Thought Leader, responsible for proposing, planning, overseeing and tracking technology projects to enable our efforts. Provide leadership, vision and direction.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to define business needs, system requirements, and timelines for future system enhancements and implementations to support organizational growth.
- Accountable for continuous operation and maintenance of IT systems and associated site infrastructure.
- Oversee internalized functions, vendor-managed services, and parent company provided tools and services to best leverage resources for impact.
- Identify key technology trends and how new technologies might be leveraged to provide better solutions.
- Develops short-term and long-term strategic information technology and operational plans.
- Develops IT business plans and budget plans that support Aveo’s objectives.
- Evaluates, migrates, phases out (legacy) and implements systems and infrastructure that supports the business.
- Maintains project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules and budgets, and ensures operating management involvement at appropriate milestones.
- Informs and implements enterprise-wide security strategy that mitigates risk through the right balance of security measures and operational flexibility including group and local security policies.
- Participates in the formation and execution of business continuity planning, and content disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Manages Security Compliance and Audits.
- Develops information security processes and standards that are aligned to industry frameworks and group policies and recommends changes and process improvements including those based upon identified risks and changes in legal, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Support regulatory compliance including SOX, CFR Part 11, GDPR, and others as required. Establish and implement a validated systems approaches for GxP data.
- Develops a people first, service-oriented department that is responsive to the needs of its clients and innovative in its solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field.
- A minimum of 12 years’ related experience; biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred. Commercial experience is a plus.
- Deep experience and working knowledge of IT systems, networks, operations, cloud-based systems, security, and development.
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally, building collaborative working relationships and interfacing effectively with all levels of the business.
- Strong leadership, influencing, project management, negotiation and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to present complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and to cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Fosters a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Willing to work in Boston 3 days a week (T, W, Th)
AVEO Oncology (“AVEO”) is an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company committed to providing innovative solutions to improve cancer patients lives. On January 20, 2023, AVEO was acquired by LG Chem, Ltd. (“LG Chem”), establishing a U.S. commercial presence for LG Chem and expanding LG Chem’s global oncology portfolio. AVEO continues to commercialize FOTIVDA® (tivozanib) in the U.S. To learn more about FOTIVDA efficacy, safety, and relevant resources, visit FOTIVDAHCP.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.