Technical Service Representative - New Haven
- Job Title
- Technical Service Representative - New Haven
- Job ID
- New Haven, CT
- Other Location
As a Technical Service Representative, you must be quick to identify and respond to issues to ensure customer satisfaction. You will be expected to work long hours, including weekends when necessary, to complete tasks within tight deadlines. However, this is an exciting opportunity for individuals with a passion for technology and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining, repairing, and installing printers, copiers, scanners, and other multifunctional devices
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues for various printer and multifunctional device models.
- Install, configure, and maintain processing software, firmware, and drivers for printers and multifunctional devices.
- Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning of equipment to extend the lifespan and ensure that the equipment operates safely and efficiently
- Test printers and other equipment to ensure that they meet performance standards before being returned to clients
- Identify and recommend equipment upgrades or replacements to customers when necessary.
- Train clients on proper use and maintenance of printing and multifunctional equipment, as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of repairs, service calls, and client interactions in the ticketing system
- Keep up-to-date with emerging printing technologies and inform clients of new and relevant products to minimize downtime and increase productivity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Any technical certifications are a plus, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver license with a clean driving record, personal vehicle, and carry valid insurance
- Knowledge of printers and multifunctional devices, including components, software, and maintenance needs. Prior experience with brands such as Canon, HP, Lexmark, Ricoh, and Xerox is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team, and take initiative, as needed
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds.
Various immunizations and/or medical testing may be required as a condition of employment for any positions that work on-site regularly in a hospital or medical setting