Technology Support Technician
- Job Title
- Technology Support Technician
- Job ID
- Milwaukee, WI
- Other Location
Technology Support Technician
13+ Months W2 Contract
Technician provides high-level technical support, guidance and advice to EY personnel in one or more of the following areas: networking, telecommunications, and/or high-level technical support - in accordance with Firm policy. The candidate should have a background performing in person support in a highly professional environment and possess very strong customer interfacing skills.
What you'll do:
- Act as a sub-area or national resource in On-site (OSTS) applying technical knowledge to develop and implement solutions to complex technology issues.
- Laptop troubleshooting, maintenance and administration.
- Apple MacBook support and troubleshooting.
- Apple iOS and Android device support; setup and configuration.
- Knowledge and understanding of HP, Xerox and Canon print devices
- Anticipate and respond to complex technology support issues
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Win10, Office 365
- Instant Messaging tools; TEAMs
- Excellent customer service skills, meeting with users in person to resolve complex technology issues.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions and to prevent recurring problems.
- Analyze the impact of decisions, and guides others through the solution process in order to satisfy customer, OSTS and Firm needs and objectives.
- Provide meaningful contributions to team efforts to enhance overall departmental effectiveness.
- Leverage multiple resources or coordinating with other teams in order to meet customer needs.
- Facilitate the implementation and support of defined EY Technology solutions.
- Communicate system updates to customers as required.
- Coordinate, track, and maintain inventory.
- Document and track the status of inquiries coordinate appropriate responses and follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction using Service Now.
- Perform software and Firmware upgrades and testing as needed or part of an initiative or project.
- Use root-cause analysis, and troubleshooting at the operational level, work to proactively identify technical and support problems and solutions to prevent future occurrence.
- Participate in postmortem analysis of significant projects or events, sharing best practice techniques and solutions.
- Share solutions throughout Global IT using appropriate channels. Familiar with Yammer, SharePoint and other collaboration tools.
- Provide technical guidance and consult with EY customer stakeholders.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience in IT Support
- Approximately 1-3 plus years of experience in support of IT products
- Technical expertise in various facets of PC support, which may include PC applications, hardware, tools, utilities, networking, telecommunications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects or assignments in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Able to work effectively with high level customers and other management personnel
- Excellent Customer Service skills.