APARTMENT LEASING SPECIALIST- MADISON HALL
- Job Title
- APARTMENT LEASING SPECIALIST- MADISON HALL
- Job ID
- Winston-Salem, NC 27106
- Other Location
The Leasing Specialist is responsible for assisting the Community Manager in managing her/his apartment community in a manner designed to maximize cash flow consistent with SYNCO Property Management, Inc.’s (SPI) Policy and Procedures Manual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
AS DIRECTED AND ASSIGNED BY THE COMMUNITY MANAGER
- Learn and adhere to all Fair Housing Laws and regulations.
- Answer incoming calls in a prompt, professional & inviting manner.
- Secure leases on qualified individuals by utilizing SPI’s sales, marketing, advertising, closing & customer service techniques.
- Develop marketing/advertising strategies for all available units as market condition dictates. Secure weekly competition market analysis. Know your competition and what specials are being offered.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of the community, property grounds, building/unit locations, all floor plans and special features.
- Gain a working knowledge of all reports relative to the weekly preparation of the Keen Report as directed by manager.
- Prospect for new residents; develop rapport with local realtor and relocation agencies and businesses for referral business.
- Prepare lease documents and move-in packages for new residents.
- Accept service requests and coordinate same with proper service personnel.
- Help maintain attractive, neat office/clubhouse facility, keep your desk organized and neat.
- Purchase supplies for office as directed by the Community Manager.
- Maintain a professional attitude and business-like conduct at all times, using diplomacy when dealing with all SPI associates, prospects, vendors, etc. Demonstrate upbeat, positive behavior always.
- Thoroughly review the following with each new resident prior to executing the lease:
- Lease agreement-covenants and conditions
- Community rules and regulations
- Applicable SPI policies & procedures
- Collect all monies due (application fee, security deposit(s), pet fees, rents, etc.) prior to delivering unit key to new resident.
- Ensure that the Community Manager is aware of significant events, specific problems, etc.
- Maintain and encourage good relations with residents. Attempt to resolve all issues and/or complaints without referral to supervisors.
- Assist in planning/hosting property social activities.
- Assist with preparation of property newsletter.
- Ensure vacant and model apartments are market ready and available to show at all times by communicating any shortfalls to manager immediately.
- Work with community team assisting other associates as requested.
- Any other duties as assigned by Community Manager.
(a) High School diploma required – some college preferred.
(b) Prior leasing experience required.
(c) Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance must be maintained.
(d) Ability to work weekends.
2. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
(a). Above average sales/leasing/customer service skills.
- Computer experience in Windows packages - typing & data entry required.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to walk property and stairs on a daily basis for inspection and leasing.