Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Coordinator, Marketing
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- HOUSTON, TX 77010
- Other Location
Why the Partnership
When you join the Greater Houston Partnership, you get the opportunity to work with an organization helping guide the future of the Houston region. Our team of professional’s work across multiple disciplines, including: Economic Development (Regional and International), Executive, Finance & Accounting, Marketing & Communications, Member Engagement, Public Policy, Regional Workforce Development, Research, Resources, and the Center for Houston’s Future.
Who We Are
The Greater Houston Partnership works to make Houston one of the best places to live, work and build a business. As the economic development organization for the region, the Partnership champions growth across 12 counties by bringing together business and civic-minded leaders who are dedicated to the area’s long-term success. Representing more than 900 member organizations and approximately one-fifth of the region’s workforce, the Partnership is the place companies come together to make an impact.
We look forward to telling you more about the organization and helping determine if a career with the Partnership is right for you!
Today, We Are Looking For
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the execution of marketing and communications strategies designed to drive revenue and enhance the positioning of the Greater Houston Partnership’s brand, program offerings, projects, and initiatives across several divisions including Member Engagement, Public Policy, and Executive along with the Partnership’s affiliate organization, Center for Houston’s Future.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Sr. Director, Marketing and Communications, the coordinator will:
- Support the execution of strategic marketing and communications campaigns across the Partnership’s Member Engagement division to increase awareness of the organization and our programming/initiatives; elevate the organization’s reputation throughout the 12-county region.
- Assist in the deployment of membership, event, and program-related email marketing initiatives including but not limited to member retention campaigns, general Member Engagement Division activities, and Programs (Business Resource Groups and Forums).
- Contribute to the development and creation of various pieces of content including publications, informational collateral, articles, blog posts, videos, etc.
- Support the development of all membership retention marketing efforts including messaging, event and program invitations, and tailored segment outreach to key membership groups etc.
- Assist with light graphic design of event and membership collateral as needed in conjunction with graphic design and project management team
- Collaborate with Membership Engagement division teams to ensure that specific marketing campaigns support/complement current and future division goals.
- Support ongoing maintenance and updating of the Partnership’s website
- Maintain branding and messaging consistent with Partnership brand guidelines. Co-partner with Director of Marcom, to ensure consistent practices across the organization.
- Guide deliverables through the organization’s routing/review process.
- Work with confidential matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Energetic and passionate about Houston
- Excellent writing and speaking ability
- An aptitude for selling ideas
- Working knowledge of Constant Contact or similar email marketing platform
- Excellent written communications skills required; composition, writing, grammar, and spelling.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Preference for working with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standard
- Professional appearance
- Collaborative both internally and externally; works with others to achieve common goals
- Intermediate to Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Nimble/Flexible to work some overtime and/or work on additional projects, as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications.
1-3 years’ experience in Marketing, PR, Communications or related field preferred.
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills.
Adhere to office safety policies.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.