Sanitation/Quality Control Supervisor
- Job Title
- Sanitation/Quality Control Supervisor
- Job ID
Looking for a position with an established food company? How about a position with a company that offers innovative products and amazing benefits? We are seeking a 2nd Shift Sanitation/Quality Control Supervisor who will be responsible for the cleanliness of the facility, including warehouse and production floor. This person will develop and implement sanitation protocols, as well as train and supervise the sanitation staff.
Location: Newark, NJ
- Follows all GMPs’ regulations and ensures that all production employees are also GMP compliant.
- Perform inspection and verifies all production lines to ensure Food Safety and Quality of products produced at facility.
- Supervise QC team and compliance activities to achieve key site and corporate objectives.
- Monitors and verifies all HACCP points and notifies QC Manager/Production Manager of any deviations.
- Develop and implement new sanitation protocols as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of cleaning supplies and equipment, ordering new supplies as needed.
- Work with all departments to ensure the timely removal of garbage and waste from the premises.
- Train new employees on proper sanitation procedures and safety protocol.
- Provide and maintain training records for the QC Technicians.
- Maintain a clean workstation and all laboratory equipment.
- Perform regular maintenance on all cleaning equipment and machines.
- Keep informed of new developments in the field of sanitation and incorporate them into the departments’ operations.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Works with QC Manager on projects that need to be completed in a timely manner.
- Associate’s degree in food science, public health, or related field.
- Certification from a trade organization, such as the National Sanitation Foundation.
- Experience with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF)
- Proven experience as sanitation supervisor or similar role
- Working knowledge of safety and sanitation regulations