Renewals & Deal Manager
- Job Title
- Renewals & Deal Manager
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Pleasanton, CA 94588
- Other Location
Renewals & Deal Manager
6+ Months W2 Contract or C2C
Pleasanton, CA; Atlanta, GA; Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; or Toronto, CA (Hybrid)
The Renewals Manager supports a team of Customer Base Account Executives and will be an individual contributor on a robust team consistently supporting operational transactions related to subscription renewals and add-on opportunities. In this role, you will be responsible for renewal & add-on pricing and deal structuring, renewal tracking, order management, data and financial modeling.
This role will be cross-functional, supporting Workday’s Sales, Customer Success Managers, Marketing, Strategy, and Finance organizations. Success in the role requires a teammate approach, ability to work across organizations with disparate needs, creativity and original thinking to proactively identify new and different approaches to analyzing data, and to synthesize multiple information sources to generate fresh strategic insights.
What you'll do:
- Partner with & support Customer Base Sales (Account Executives, Sales Director, VP) with closing renewals and upsell business in a timely manner.
- Ability to own a large number of active deals, identify problems, and suggest solutions with process management, solid consultation skills, be financially savvy
- Provide guidance on renewal strategy to increase value based renewal pricing.
- Prepare proposals, including renewal rate calculations and contract preparation.
- Track and manage all activity in Salesforce (SFDC).
- Verify existing contracts, data integrity of new quotes, review terms and conditions, and ensure all new documentation is aligned with company guidelines and policies.
- Work closely with Finance and Legal teams to ensure all contracts are accurate.
- Respond to questions from customers and sales reps on any aspect of a deal cycle.
- Contract redlining experience is influential to the success of this role.
- Prepare monthly reports outlining renewal and upsell Key Performance Indicators.
- Partner with other renewals team members as appropriate to assist with successful completion of deal cycles.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in renewals, sales operations, account management, and/or equivalent client engagement.
- Experienced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and prior touch points with modeling and analysis is crucial in performing the role optimally.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com is ideal.
- Standout colleague: experience working across functions to prepare customer /client facing proposals.
- Sophisticated communication style engaging with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Must be motivated, goal-oriented and able to deliver as well as internalize feedback.
- Ability to balance contending priorities across multiple deals simultaneously.
- Experience performing data analysis, modeling, and/or financial analysis to support or drive business decisions
- Comfortable addressing groups and executive management
- Requires ability to withstand frequent pressure as a result of demanding workload while maintaining a positive demeanor
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (with 3+ years proven experience working with external clients ideal).
- Possess high degree of honesty and integrity while maintaining confidentiality.
- Curiosity about knowledge of our products, company goals and how the Renewal and Add-On business intersect with them.
- Pay Range
- ¤38.70 Hourly to ¤40.00 Hourly