- Job Title
- Scientist, DMPK
- Job ID
- Boulder, CO
- Other Location
We are seeking an early career Scientist with a strong foundation in the pharmaceutical sciences and a focus in the areas of DMPK, clinical pharmacology and/or pharmacometrics. Enthusiasm, strong desire for learning and meaningful contribution, and a history of working well within results-oriented teams are essential. The successful candidate will work independently, with leadership and within experienced cross-functional groups at OnKure, to discover and develop novel small-molecule treatments for cancer patients. This role requires direct hands-on contributions, oversight of external vendors, and routine collaboration within and beyond OnKure. For candidates strongly interested in a lifetime career developing new, important treatments for patients in need, this position is a unique opportunity to gain a wide range of skills, knowledge, and experience.
Support for a subset of the following areas will be based on the candidate’s experience, skills and interests. Opportunities for growth and expanded responsibilities will increase with time.
- Coordinate, optimize, and troubleshoot DMPK outsourced assays supporting Drug Discovery
- Manage, mine, and model incoming DMPK data to drive compound selection in Discovery
- Research and design studies to address non-standard DMPK questions
- Manage studies, reports, and summaries of DMPK results for regulatory submission (e.g., INDs)
- Design, contract, and oversee IND-enabling toxicology studies
- Develop pharmacometric tools and processes to efficiently manage and analyze cross-functional data
- Support or conduct nonclinical and clinical modeling and simulation projects as needed (e.g., PK, PK/PD, PBPK, population PK, exposure-response)
- Design and manage the synthesis and characterization of bioanalytical reference materials
- Select, contract, and oversee regulated bioanalytical CROs supporting toxicology and clinical PK assay development and sample analysis
- Contribute to the development of clinical assets via clinical pharmacology (e.g., human predictions, drug-interaction risk assessment, food effect potential, special populations, regulatory interactions)
- Contribute to publications, abstracts, and presentations
- Advanced scientific degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) with 0-2 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Training and experience in the areas of DMPK, clinical pharmacology and/or pharmacometrics, and an interest in developing expertise in each
- In vitro, in vivo and/or bioanalytical lab experience relevant to small-molecule pharmaceutical research
- Experience with data analysis, modeling and simulation using industry-standard software
- Demonstrated growth and exceptional achievement in science over time through self-challenge
- Collaborative, communicative, and flexible team player
OnKure, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of best-in-class precision medicines that target biologically validated drivers of cancer. Using its proven structure-based drug design approach, the Company is building a robust pipeline of tumor-agnostic candidates that are designed to achieve optimal tolerability and efficacy. OnKure is currently developing its lead clinical candidate, OKI-179, an oral, selective Class I HDAC inhibitor, for the treatment of both hematological and solid tumors.
To attract the very best talent, OnKure offers a generous compensation and benefits package that includes competitive pay, performance-based bonus opportunities, stock options, insurance coverage (health, dental, life, and disability), self-managed paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with company match. We operate on a flexible schedule that allows a combination of both in-office and home-based work. However, this is not a remote role, therefore the successful candidate must live in or be willing to relocate to the Boulder, CO area.
The level and annual compensation range for this role, based on experience, is $110,000-$125,000.
OnKure is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected factors.