FS&Q Compliance Manager
- Job Title
- FS&Q Compliance Manager
- Job ID
FS&Q Compliance Manager
We are working with a rapidly growing company in the indoor farming CPG industry with multiple facilities across the US. They pride themselves on stellar company culture and excellent benefits. This company is seeking a Compliance Manager in Food Safety & Quality. In this role you will be responsible for Policy writing and compliance of these SOPs within the greenhouse, to ensure food safety, quality, and SQF compliance in an efficient manner. You will effectively work within a team with the constant goal of continuous improvement and enforce protocols and documentation as related to FDA and SQF Food Safety and Quality.
Location: Chicago-based remote position with 2 days of travel a week
- Effectively and efficiently work with production employees to ensure the Food Safety and quality is consistently maintained to meet legal and SQF requirements
- Merge and standardize best practices into simplifying Policy, SOPS and necessary forms
- Effectively communicate with senior Directors and employees throughout the organization orally and written.
- Confidently report food safety and quality problems to the VP of FS&Q, GM, or directly to Senior Management, ensuring people see the benefits of the internal audit.
- Ensure all KPIs are regularly published and understood with actions and procedures to change the results
- Manage and coach the Compliance Specialist and manage Compliance Specialist key roles.
- Lead site audits with the Regional and site FS&C managers in external audits to continually improve the results.
- Guarantee appropriate food safety regulations are implemented and adhered to
- Drive change and CIC / SSOP for improvements in the sanitation of the production area and facility and reduce micro.
- Consistently work with GM/Growers to improve and maintain the SQF practice and communicate to the GM/Grower
- Maintain a calm and collected composure during times of disorder, speak to others in a respectful manner, and productively handle multiple personality types.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- 5-10years of experience in a production environment or related work experience
- Knowledge of HACCP/HARPC, PCQI, SQF
- Ability to create documents such as standard operating procedures, safety rules and label mixing instructions
- Flexible work locations and be able to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (PowerPoint and Access Database knowledge beneficial)
- Excellent leadership skills, able to lead by
- Ability to build, create and execute a fully realized plan.
- The ability to navigate a dynamic and quickly evolving environment is a must.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time