- Job Title
- Manager, Projects
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
The Project Manager for wind and solar projects, most notably our upcoming projects focusing on utility scale solar. This position will be located in the company headquarters in Bloomington, MN, where the candidate will report directly to the Director of Construction.
What You Will Actually be Doing:
- Facilitate field relationships with owner’s site construction team and EPC contractor’s project management and construction group.
- Facilitate site meetings for initial coordination with local AHJ’s, key community VIP’s, Interconnecting Utility project management, and any other key meeting coordination leading up to and throughout project duration. Intermediate visits as required, along with on-going coordination to ensure – Schedule, Safety, Quality, Cost and responsible Community interaction goals are met infrastructure and successfully bring project online with utility company.
- Manage weekly and monthly meetings (virtual or in-person) with all Key parties (EPC, Community-based VIP’s, AHJ’s, Interconnecting Utility project team) as required for management of project metrics.
- Manage field resources to protect the company’s interests and brand by making sure EPC actions are in-line with company cultures and project goals.
- Track and report to leadership on main project goals - Schedule, Safety, Quality, Cost and responsible Community interaction. With Dir of Construction, form implement and manage corrective action plans for deviations.
- Coordinate and manage pre-construction and development activities that are needed for overall project success – including scheduling, budgeting, contractor request for pricing initiatives, contractor selection and interaction with project development team and operations leadership to plan and ensure a successful project life-cycle for Company objectives.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of four (4) years’ construction management experience
- A minimum of one (1) years’ construction management experience in the renewable energy industry
- Project Management certifications, preferred
- Proficient with:
- MS Suite of Software tools
- Industry standard scheduling software (plus)
- Industry standard online based construction management software (plus)