Industrial Product Manager | OmniCable
- Job Title
- Industrial Product Manager | OmniCable
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77029
- Other Location
Industrial Product Manager | OmniCable
OmniCable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million-dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 16 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
OmniCable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our Mission Statement: To be the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees.
We believe in empowering your future!
What You’ll Do:
As a key member of our team, the Industrial Product Manager will lead the strategy for industrial and automation products at OmniCable. This individual will be involved in a wide variety of projects and initiatives focused on developing strategies for profitable growth for the company and managing the industrial product portfolio. This position will report to the Program Manager of Business Development and will be highly interactive with several departments within the organization including Purchasing, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance and IT.
- Support company growth with a focus on all key areas of Product Management for industrial and automation products: Pricing, Margins, Sales, Forecasting, Communication, Inventory strategy, Operational performance/service and Marketing strategy.
- Serve as the main supplier contact person for all issues, including product line, technical, business, ship and debit, etc.
- Responsible for Product Launch, collaborative material content, promotions, publicity, sales and support training, building sales strategy presentations, training video requirements and assisting with regional and national/international promotion.
- Expand and/or build on existing industrial and automation product offerings while enhancing OmniCable’s value proposition by proposing new initiatives for product expansion.
- Key contact supporting both Inside and Outside sales teams on industrial and factory automation product and growth initiatives to drive sales strategy and performance including coordinating product line promotions.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Purchasing to monitor and adjust inventory profiles as needed to ensure desired inventory turns, improve supplier relationships and service levels on select product line, that aligns with our exclusive supply agreement.
- Provide, establish and manage information required for business operations such as forecasting, budgets, inventory requirements, product structure and commercial policies and present those findings.
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing teams to create comprehensive market plans and develop methods and materials to train customers on products and sales team on how to sell the associated proposition.
- Analyze and monitor monthly sales activity and profitability of select product lines across all Regions to ensure margin, profitability and sales targets are meeting or exceeding expectations – helping identify and drive a national strategy that optimizes sales and inventory / working capital.
- Manage supplier ship and debit programs in conjunction with supplier product leadership team.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or requisite experience in manufacturing or distribution, preferably electrical/wire and cable.
- 3-5 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas – Industrial Automation, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, or Supply Chain
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within cross functional teams to drive action and results
- Ability to effectively lead change within an organization
- Demonstrated communications skills, both written and verbal
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) – especially Excel
- The ability to build custom analytical models focused on Sales & Margin, Profitability, Forecasting, and Inventory Management
- Wire and cable industry experience in Industrial Automation – Distribution and/or Manufacturing
- Core financial and P&L comprehension
Besides earning a competitive wage, OmniCable offers these other great benefits:
- Competitive Medical / Dental / Vision / Prescription Plans
- No-cost medical financing as well as Life / STD / LTD / AD&D
- Health Savings & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with competitive employer match and profit sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship Fund
- Professional Development
- Flexible Workplace