Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Permit Specialist
- Job ID
- Memphis, TN 38101
- Other Location
Job Title: Permit Specialist
Primary Location: Memphis, TN
CHC Consulting, a Congruex Company, is looking for a Permit Specialist to join our fiber engineering team. Learn more about our operating unit at: www.congruex.com/CHCConsulting
Who is CongruexCongruex designs and builds broadband and wireless communications infrastructure. The work we do enables everything in the modern world to operate, from healthcare and energy to transportation and social interactions.
We deliver turn-key network solutions under a single platform by aligning our engineering and in-market construction operating units. Our vision is to be the best end-to-end provider of network services in the U.S. and our core values of GRIT connect everything we do.
We are building tomorrow, together. Will you join us?
Your New JobJob Summary:
The Permit Specialist is responsible for identifying, documenting, and communicating the requirements of various permitting agencies in an assigned area. The Permit Specialist will also be responsible for securing permits on schedule, tracking permit status, and resolving issues preventing approval. Face-to-face meetings with the permitting entities and establishing great working relationships are a must.
A level I, II or III title differentiation lies in the experience and/or skill level of the Permit Specialist. The Classification Guidelines table in this document clearly outlines the differences between the level I, II, and III job competencies.
**MUST be located in the Memphis, TN metro area or willing to relocate. Relocation assistance can be provided for non-local candidates.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Work with Project Coordinators to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all permit applications.
- Research and document permit requirements for the city, agency, or customer for whom the work is being performed.
- Facilitate meetings with jurisdictions, customers and internal teams.
- Practice strong understanding of permit application process and workflow to complete projects in a timely manner: secure permits on schedule, track permit status, and resolve issues preventing approval.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for permit requirements both internally and externally to CHC’s customers.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure progress is tracked and permit information is updated in CHC and customer systems.
- Establish and maintain relationships with permitting entities from city planners to permit desk administration personnel.
- Knowledge and understanding of permit acquisition concepts, engineering, and construction parts of a job.
- Knowledge and ability to read deign work prints for multiple job types.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service and dedication to providing a positive experience inside and outside the organization.
- GRIT (guts, reliability, innovation and teamwork).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Working experience of Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat Pro and/or other PDF editing software. Ability to learn new systems and databases quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of permitting experience in a wireline, wireless or telecom engineering/construction setting.
Skillset Permit Specialist I Permit Specialist II Permit Specialist III Math & Accounting Basic application to costing jobs Moderate application to costing jobs Advanced application to costing jobs OSP Telco Knowledge Beginner knowledge & understanding of Permit Acquisition concepts, engineering, and construction parts of a job align Strong knowledge & understanding of Permit Acquisition concepts, engineering, and construction parts of a job align Deeply rooted understanding of Permit Acquisition concepts, engineering, and construction parts of a job align Engineering Design Beginner knowledge & ability to learn how to read design work prints for multiple job types Ability to read work prints with various job types; can self-teach or quickly learn new job types with little supervision Ability to read work prints with multiple job types and complex and/or large-scale engineering designs like FBB Decision Making Requires mentorship and training to complete permit applications and to make independent design revisions per Jurisdiction requirements Requires some guidance and training to complete permit applications and to make independent design revisions per Jurisdiction requirement Requires little to no guidance to complete permit applications and to make independent design revisions per Jurisdiction requirement Quality Performance Requires training on basic Permitting or engineering activities often following a redline Receives some QC revisions; makes no basic mistakes and no repetitive errors Receives little to no QC revisions; makes no basic mistakes or repetitive errors *Note: every job goes through QC, but III’s get a minimal check Training Capability N/A Ability to assist Permit Specialist I’s and II’s when needed Ability to assist Permit Specialist I’s, II’s, III’s, and managers when needed Experience/Tenure Entry Level (0 – 3 years) Mid-Level (3 – 5 years) Advanced Level (5+ years)
Why Work At CongruexNo matter what role you play, you are an important part of the One Congruex Family. We offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match.
- Free Wellness Resources & Marketplace Discounts
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Basic Life Insurance & Voluntary Options
- The pillars of Congruex culture are GRIT, safety, inclusion, and family.
We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to employees in similar roles. Some benefits have eligibility criteria. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.