Director of Human Resources
- Job Title
- Director of Human Resources
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community-focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid. It has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables partners with communities, farmers, and landowners where we develop. This means it’s not just about projects but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair, and affordable energy future for all.
How you will make an impact:
As the HR Director, you understand that in today’s market, innovative and forward-thinking people strategy is integral to short and long-term success. To achieve this, you will collaborate with our renewables business team and executives to turn strategy into action, resolving talent gaps, and seizing opportunities that support goals of organization design, engagement, development, and retaining outstanding talent. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
What you will contribute:
Talent Mindset, including a focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
Develop effective talent strategy and solutions that reinforce our business strategy and advance culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage diverse, hardworking talent. Be a steward for development and implementation of firm-wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals and metrics, and partner with National Grid’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Center of Excellence to introduce programming that increases collective, individual, and interpersonal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion acumen to ensure effective leaders, colleagues, and role models for inclusive, anti-racist, and equitable talent management and recruiting practices.
Business Acumen and Data Insight
Draw upon business metrics to encourage the continuous improvement of talent and business capabilities and maintain a positive culture. Build a robust understanding of industry, market, and functional trends, crafting business-specific talent strategies driven by data insights.
Act as a trusted mentor to people managers in including talent development, engagement, and performance. Stay abreast of changes in HR law and emerging issues which have the potential to impact the business, sharing knowledge with business and HR team.
Serve as a motivator for change, devising and communicating solutions as they relate to DEI, organizational design, development, and change management. Demonstrate and encourage consistency with our values (Do the Right Thing, Find a Better Way, and Make It Happen).
Organization Adaptability and Resolve
Seek the expertise of National Grid’s Center of Excellences and/or National Grid’s HR Director for program and process support. Establish a solid organization network the promotes “One HR team” approach in which activities are core, common and consistent.
Coordinate HR resources and priorities, executing and sometime delegating tasks to the HR team, and ensure successful implementation of initiatives. Assess work requests from across the organization and effectively balance priorities in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
How you will get here:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Business HR or in a business function
- 3+ years of management experience
- In depth and significant HR expertise and experience and up to date knowledge of workforce trends
- A track record of creating and delivering Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Plans that foster inclusive environments in which all team members feel a sense of belonging. A fundamental belief in respect, fairness, and kindness.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills. Collegial, compassionate, and consultative with the ability to gracefully navigate and coalesce divergent points of view.
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills
- The ability to balance strategic thinking with operational execution.
- Curious and consultative
- Able to influence without authority
- Consistently adapts the content / style of a message, based on an understanding of the climate and culture of a group and what will produce the best response
- Demonstrates the ability to assemble complex ideas, issues, and observations into clear and simple explanations.
- Ability to successfully address the needs of multiple stakeholders with competing priorities