Option 2: Create a New Profile
OSP Construction Supervisor/Inspector
- Job Title
- OSP Construction Supervisor/Inspector
- Job ID
- Indianapolis, IN
- Other Location
Job Title: OSP Construction Supervisor/Inspector
Business Unit: Gudenkauf, a Congruex Company
Reports To: Division Manager OSP
Employment Status: (Hourly – Non-exempt; Salaried – Exempt; Full or Part-time)
Primary Location: Indianapolis/Shelbyville, IN
Salary: $25-$38/Hour based on experience
The Field Supervisor/Inspectors focus is to provide on-site project supervision of contractor work to ensure work is being completed in a timely, safe, and efficient manner to meet planned construction objectives. Ensure project designs are implemented in accordance with construction drawings, permit requirements, and safety guidelines.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
· Working on-site with the crews daily (in all weather conditions).
· Inspect all placing aspects during the phase of the project, to ensure placement guidelines are met or corrected.
· Reviewing permits and ROW.
· Assisting in the establishment of schedules, coordination, and monitoring of workflow.
· Providing quality control to ensure construction/engineering standards are adhered to.
· Investigate customer complaints with work performed in the field and take proper action to resolve them on a timely basis.
· Maintain records and prepare inspection reports.
· Correct and maintain the construction drawings where inspection has been observed and record the ‘as-built’ as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and walk several miles per day.
· Ability to work 40 to 60+ hours per week.
· Ability to manage multiple subcontractors and projects simultaneously
· Experience in Aerial and Underground Telecommunications construction methods and specifications. Fiber to the home experience is preferred.
· Excellent organization and planning skills
· Experience in construction quality management and assurance.
· Ability to read and interpret design drawings and communicate any changes to the field and project management team.
· Maintain compliance with current state and federal safety guidelines to carry out all work in a safe manner and in alignment with safety practices.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
· Previous construction supervisor and/or inspector experience
· Strong working knowledge of aerial and underground design and construction requirements
· Willing to be on call periodically for nights and weekends as required to accomplish goals and objectives.
Gudenkauf, a Congruex Company
Gudenkauf is a diversified telecommunications, utility and systems integration solution provider with the personnel, equipment, expertise, and experience to deliver even in the toughest and most complicated conditions. We offer a variety of services from outside plant construction, fiber optic splicing and testing, utility locating, intelligent transportation systems, gas line cathodic protection, and emergency restoration services. We have grown to service the states of Ohio, West Virginia, along with expanding into Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, INNOVATION ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.