Option 2: Create a New Profile
OSP Field Engineer
- Job Title
- OSP Field Engineer
- Job ID
- Tampa, FL 33592
- Other Location
Job Title: Field Engineer
Primary Location: Tampa, FL
CHC Consulting, a Congruex Company, is looking for a Field Engineer to join our fiber engineering team. Learn more about our operating unit at www.congruex.com/CHCConsulting.
Who is CongruexCongruex designs and builds broadband and wireless communications infrastructure. The work we do enables everything in the modern world to operate, from healthcare and energy to transportation and social interactions.
We deliver turn-key network solutions under a single platform by aligning our engineering and in-market construction operating units. Our vision is to be the best end-to-end provider of network services in the U.S. and our core values of GRIT connect everything we do.
We are building tomorrow, together. Will you join us?
Your New JobJob Summary:
Field Engineers report field conditions for design engineers to accurately design the network. Responsible for aerial and underground data collection while validating a viable cost-effective path for engineering. The majority of fieldwork is conducted outdoors along public right of way, utility easements, and private property.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Collect relevant pole information and accurately document existing measurements and placement.
- Utility pole identification, inspection, and classification.
- Gather aerial attachment heights and clearances, checking for violations.
- Determine ideal locations for new above ground facilities and equipment.
- Conduct Underground/Buried Cable layout surveys.
- Develop accurate fiber/optical network construction surveys.
- Determine existing and new locations for fiber optic cables.
- Inspect the work of construction contractors.
- Accurately depict new construction route opportunities.
- Assure that personal vehicle and tools are maintained to company safety standards.
- Responsible for always conducting job in safe manner.
- Take pictures of job sites, pole conditions and other relevant structures or landmarks.
- Make hand drawn sketches of recommended engineering design while in the field or facility.
- Upload clear images, files, hand notes, and sketches, and edit for quality and cohesiveness.
- Make decisions taking into consideration value engineering and the impact on construction, installation and future maintenance.
- Open hand holes to inspect facilities (substructure conditions, fiber placement, and condition).
- Daily travel to job site(s) using personal vehicle.
- At times, may be required to interface with customers/landowners.
- Occasional extended travel out of assigned market may be requested.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to accommodate travel in personal vehicle; satisfactory driving record.
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to follow direction in maintaining all Field Safety standards.
- Ability to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time
- Ability to look up for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time and/or long distances
- Ability to navigate through potential uneven walkways/terrain
- Tolerant to extreme elements (heat, sun, wind, rain, snow, etc.)
- Good vision and depth perception (corrective lenses OK)
- Ability to sit and drive for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 10lbs minimum, and potentially up to 50lbs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Earth
- Ability to upload/download and edit documents in Project Management software
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and databases.
- Comprehensive understanding of telecommunications design and the ability to support engineering.
- Basic Knowledge of Make-Ready Construction.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications engineering standards and construction techniques.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics is a plus.
- Experience in either the engineering, construction, architecture or telecommunications industries is a plus.
Skillset Field Engineer I Field Engineer II Field Engineer III OSP Telco Knowledge Beginner knowledge & understanding of engineering concepts, and how fielding, planning, engineering, and construction parts of a job align Strong knowledge & understanding of engineering concepts, and how fielding, planning, engineering, and construction parts of a job align Deeply rooted understanding of engineering concepts, and how fielding, planning, engineering, and construction parts of a job align Field Engineering Beginner knowledge and ability to identify and document job location/equipment quality an accuracy against records Ability to identify and document job location/equipment quality an accuracy against records; can self-teach or quickly learn to field new job types or complex sites Ability to identify and document job location/equipment quality an accuracy against records; can field multiple job types or complex sites Customer Service Excellent; potential for client facing role Excellent; potential for client facing role Excellent; potential for client facing role Decision Making Requires mentorship and training to complete field inspections or sitewalks, and to make independent design or equipment/facility recommendations Requires some guidance to complete field inspections or sitewalks; ability to make some independent design or equipment/facility recommendations Requires little to no guidance to complete field inspections or sitewalks; ability to make complex independent design or equipment/facility recommendations Quality Performance
Requires training on quality and consistency; frequent QC revisions likely Receives some QC revisions; makes no basic mistakes and no repetitive errors Receives little to no QC revisions; makes no basic mistakes or repetitive errors. *Note, every job at should/goes through QC, but III’s get a minimal check Training Capability N/A Ability to assist Field Engineer I’s and II’s when needed Ability to assist Field Engineer I’s, II’s, III’s, and managers when needed Experience/Tenure Entry Level (0 – 2 years) Mid-Level (2 – 5 years) Advanced Level (5+ years)
No matter what role you play, you are an important part of the One Congruex Family. We offer:
Why Work At Congruex
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match.
- Free Wellness Resources & Marketplace Discounts
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Basic Life Insurance & Voluntary Options
- The pillars of Congruex culture are GRIT, safety, inclusion, and family.
The Fine Print:
We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to employees in similar roles. Some benefits have eligibility criteria. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.