Origination Manager - Solar & Energy Storage
- Job Title
- Origination Manager - Solar & Energy Storage
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community-focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high-value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair, and affordable energy future for all.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Real Estate Origination Manager (Solar & Storage) will be responsible for managing real estate agreement requests, document management, term negotiation tracking, and overseeing the quality control for agreement drafting for greenfield solar and energy storage projects, helping with wind energy on an as-needed basis. The role involves working with various stakeholders, including project managers, land agents, legal representatives, landowners, and outside vendors. The manager will utilize site-specific landowner and land research to help the team produce agreements accurately and efficiently. Additionally, the role may involve managing real estate origination employees and/or contractors who are researching land and title and drafting agreements.
- Collaborate closely with the origination team, project managers, land agents, real estate team members, legal representatives, and third-party abstractors and vendors.
- Utilize site-specific landowner and land research to produce agreements quickly and accurately.
- Ensure quality control of agreements produced by others.
- Obtain director/manager input and approve legal term changes.
- Directly manage and supervise various tasks, including organizing initial parcel and landowner data, title examination, search work with third-party abstractors, delegation of work to real estate employees/contractors, and preparation and proofing of leases, easements, purchase options, and other associated documents.
- Establish streamlined processes for incoming requests.
- Travel to various counties and states for public records research and landowner meetings (not exceeding 10%).
- Provide exceptional customer service to land agents and development personnel.
- Manage ongoing new and revised document requests.
- Prioritize work in the Solar Origination queue to align with company initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, SharePoint).
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to understand legal documentation related to renewable energy projects and real estate.
- Real Estate Abstracting or Examining Experience.
- Project or Contract Management Experience.
- Renewable Energy Experience.
- Demonstrable experience in process improvement and technology implementation within a real estate or legal department.
- Legal or paralegal education or experience, especially in contracts, negotiations, and version management.
- Experience using software like Basecamp and Landworks.
- College degree preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.