Senior Developer - Wind
- Job Title
- Senior Developer - Wind
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community-focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
The Senior Developer’s mission is to ensure that National Grid Renewables is developing wind project opportunities consistent with company objectives and return expectations. The role will be critical in directing the company towards the right markets, project types and offtake targets. This role will be responsible for leading development of the National Grid Renewables wind project portfolio in the Midwest.
- Lead the company in targeting and evaluating MISO, SPP, and PJM markets to identify wind greenfield developments, M&A, and partnership opportunities.
- Provide direction towards priority markets and opportunities.
- Work with the commercial and finance teams to prepare financial models, evaluate new technologies, and prepare compelling solutions for customers.
- Directly manage and lead project development, including site acquisition and negotiation.
- Be a professional company representative and face of National Grid Renewables projects.
- Represent National Grid Renewables with federal, state and local officials, regulators, utilities, RTOs, and other stakeholders throughout the project development process.
- Work with the permitting department to manage state, federal, and local permitting efforts and approval processes for utility-scale electric generation projects.
- Interpret technical engineering and environmental reports and studies to determine project impact and pertinence towards application requirements.
- Provide reports to management including updates on project status and changes to regulations.
- Develop engineering estimates, scopes, and project schedules as well as coordinate or oversee the negotiation of service agreements.
- Interface with the engineering and construction teams to ensure that the project remains within budget and on schedule.
- Manage annual development budget up to $3M for targeted project capital investment of over $400M.
- Support development of 4-8 early/mid stage projects and 2 late-stage projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of project development experience in renewable energy, with preference in wind.
- Willingness to work with and manage relationships with landowners and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of energy markets.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on large scale utility energy development projects, with a strong emphasis on wind projects.
- Experience with contract management and negotiation.
- Exposure to project financing.
- Ability to work remotely and build National Grid Renewables presence in the Midwest.
- Creative thinker
- Loyal and committed to the organization