- Job Title
- Job ID
- Portland, TN 37148
- Other Location
Buyer - Portland, TN
We are seeking a Buyer to perform daily planning and purchasing activities for components and electronics, negotiating pricing and maintaining acceptable levels of inventory of all our product components. The ideal candidate is flexible and eager to learn products/industry and has a strong track record in operational requirements.
- Coordinates the procurement of raw material, components, electronics, and connectors, to ensure appropriate procurement methods are used (including bidding, contracting, ordering, expediting and related transportation).
- Negotiates with suppliers and ensures proper terms and conditions are included on all purchase orders.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to material planning, price discrepancies, purchase orders, requisitions, and receipt of vendor deliveries.
- Keeps abreast of developments/best practices in the procurement and supply chain management discipline.
- Supports all procurement initiatives, including contracting best practices, SOX compliance and the inventory management program.
- Supports accounts payable efforts by acting as a consultant on matters related to procurement including payable issue resolution, delegates invoicing issues to the correct entity to resolve.
- Acts as an expert on matters related to materials, its processes used to procure materials and the associated systems, resolves vendor supply/invoicing issues.
- Manage MRP process, and coordinate RMA’s, deviations, ECN, FRR as necessary.
- Supports the implementation of new processes or technologies as appropriate.
- Manages associated Min-Max material levels, risks for all areas of position.
- 5+ years of buying/purchasing experience.
- Experience in a similar role, buyer in a discrete contract manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- General knowledge and understanding of supply chain management processes.
- Inventory management experience.
- MRP planning experience.
- Strong MS Office skills, PowerPoint, specifically Excel
- Flexible, positive, upbeat team player
- Effective communication skills, enjoy building relationships and collaborating with teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, solutions driven and proven track record of success.
- Experience with ERP system, Great Plains (GP) experience a plus