Option 2: Create a New Profile
Make Ready Engineer
- Job Title
- Make Ready Engineer
- Job ID
- Memphis, TN 38101
- Other Location
Job Title: Make Ready Engineer
Primary Location: Memphis, TN
CHC Consulting, a Congruex Company, is looking for a Make Ready Engineer to join our fiber engineering team. Learn more about our operating unit at: www.congruex.com/CHCConsulting
Who is CongruexCongruex designs and builds broadband and wireless communications infrastructure. The work we do enables everything in the modern world to operate, from healthcare and energy to transportation and social interactions.
We deliver turn-key network solutions under a single platform by aligning our engineering and in-market construction operating units. Our vision is to be the best end-to-end provider of network services in the U.S. and our core values of GRIT connect everything we do.
We are building tomorrow, together. Will you join us?
Your New JobJob Summary:
Responsible for the engineering and design of the most cost-effective, accurate and high quality OSP construction work prints while meeting or exceeding all client deadlines. Responsible for reviewing utility poles and performing make ready engineering work that complies with the NESC and/or local safety regulations.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Work in various customer specific systems to produce a cost effective engineered design for construction to place. Messenger strand, anchors, Fiber/copper and other attachments while complying with national and local regulations surrounding aerial construction.
- Able to design an aerial path from point A to point B based on engineering best practices.
- Identify the necessary requirements to successfully attach fiber/copper cables to a poles.
- Engineer in the public right of way and on private property avoiding conflict with existing facilities.
- Review utility poles and field notes to determine most accurate make ready solution.
- Provide solutions for poles that fail pole loading or are not good candidates for new attachments.
- Produce make ready worksheets and prints.
- Coordinate with project teams and engineers to ensure the accuracy, completeness and delivery of all work.
- Research and document requirements on aerial construction by pole owner or customer for whom the work is being performed.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for make ready engineering, both internally and externally to CHC’s customers.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience with project management processes, tools, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with reproducible results, preferred.
- Experience and understanding of outside plant engineering and construction techniques.
- Experience working with Outside Plant Engineering in the following systems: AutoCAD, and or client-specific GIS software; Familiarity with pole loading software (OCALC, SpidaCalc, etc.).
- Knowledge of fiber networking, routing, and network management.
- Understanding of Outside Plant Engineering as it pertains to the architecture of various FTTX networks.
- Deep knowledge of OSP design and construction, specifically relating to aerial plant, make ready engineering and construction.
- Ability to read and analyze results of pole loading.
- Ability to read work prints and construction drawings.
- Understanding of the NESC and joint use.
- Knowledge of joint pole agreements and processes.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Construction experience preferred, but not required.
- Field experienced preferable, but not required.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time
No matter what role you play, you are an important part of the One Congruex Family. We offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match.
- Free Wellness Resources & Marketplace Discounts
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Basic Life Insurance & Voluntary Options
- The pillars of Congruex culture are GRIT, safety, inclusion, and family.
The Fine Print:
We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to employees in similar roles. Some benefits have eligibility criteria. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.