- Job Title
- Design Drafter
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68127
- Other Location
Title: Design Drafter
Company: McNeil Industrial
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Omaha, NE
Job Purpose Summary
The Drafter designs and prepares detailed electronic (CAD) working plans, charts, and/or scale drawings for projects from observation, measurements, sketches, and specifications.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drafts and designs Industrial Refrigeration Systems with the operation and application of computer-aided design (CAD) equipment and software, incorporating Plan view, Isometric, Elevations, Prefab and P&ID drawings.
- Assists in the bidding process for new jobs.
- Participates in on-site visits to manage project design drawings, update drawings, and bid new projects.
- Prepares Operating & Engineering manuals.
- Determines the size and selection of pipes and valves for projects.
- Assists in project management.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 4 years of Revit experience required.
- Thorough understanding and efficiency with Company drafting standards
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet milestones and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team, in both leadership and subordinate roles, in a project oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Auto Cad AEC Suite and Pipe Modelling is a plus
- Ability to travel out of state 5-10%
This position requires the ability to climb ladders/scaffoldings/manlifts as well as bend, crawl, stoop, and kneel on a consistent basis. The ability to lift in excess of 25 lbs is required. The possibility of exposure to extreme temperatures (hot/cold), airborne fumes, and excessive noise is associated with this position.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the jobholder and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, accountabilities, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.