Solar Technician - Copperhead
- Job Title
- Solar Technician - Copperhead
- Job ID
- Waco, TX 76682
- Other Location
Come see us at the Brazos Ballroom in Riesel, TX for a Job Fair on Tuesday, August 22nd!
10am - 3pm
291 Rice Road
National Grid Renewables,
The technician, based out of Texas, provides the on-site operations, maintenance, repairs, and replacement of equipment at utility scale Solar & Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) generation plants, and leads in all areas of plant operations as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Ensure strict management and compliance of all company and project environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs.
- Operate and maintain equipment, including HV equipment, combiner systems, Inverters, pad mount transformers, battery cubes/cores, control panels, MET stations, tracker systems, etc.
- Provide quality assessments and quality control of the work performed by all third-party contractors.
- Read schematics to troubleshoot complicated mechanical and electrical control systems and components.
- Perform mechanical and electrical component repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions following all manufacturers' requirements. Includes PV panels, inverter components, string inverters, battery cubes/cores, Met Tower equipment, tracker components, control panels, or other.
- Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with equipment maintenance manuals.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
- Set up sites for proper tooling, inventory, spare parts, and other equipment necessary to perform efficiently and effectively.
- Assist the Plant Manager with administration of warranties. Submit and track warranty claims. Track all on loan parts and reconcile with appropriate parties.
- Assist with capital improvement programs and retrofits.
- Assist with vegetation management as needed and determined by the Plant Manager.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule. May require working short notice at times outside normal business hours - Including nights, weekends, or holidays.
- Occasional travel to maintain efficient operations of the equipment and fleet sites.
- Four-year college degree or technical school certificate; or 5 years of related experience or power industry training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in solar facility operations and maintenance including a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a broad range of renewable or other power generation development, design, permitting, construction, or operations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic, and troubleshooting tools.
- Valid Driver's License & ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work around low and medium voltage.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge of equipment required for facility maintenance.
- Proficiency in interpretation of electrical schematics and prints.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience in Solar/BESS plant operations or related power plant operations.
- Master or Journeyman electrical license certified through the state of Illinois.
- Experience in high voltage maintenance and switching & ability to run test equipment for troubleshooting.
- Experience establishing and improving preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).