Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Critical Infrastructure Manager
- Job Title
- Critical Infrastructure Manager
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Summit Broadband Inc. is a cutting edge, fiber-based broadband provider delivering best in class residential, commercial, and hospitality technology solutions. This growing, dynamic high-tech company headquartered in sunny Central Florida, is seeking a Critical Infrastructure Manager to join our Network team and grow with us. The new Summit Broadband is poised for an incredible future fueled by team members dedicated to being the best.
Job Title: Critical Infrastructure Manager (CIM)
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports to: Vice President, Information Technology
Location: Orlando, FL
Responsibilities include owning the overall operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment for all data center(s) assigned and maintaining mission-critical uptime of 99.999% or higher. This position will also serve as a technical resource for the Engineering, NOC, Sales, Product and Solutions Engineering Teams. The CIM role is also responsible for maintaining internal and external relationships and has input on efforts to improve effectiveness and efficiencies for both operational and business-related items.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- 24x7 facility on-call responsibility
- Execute all aspects of data center operations, including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission-critical equipment and systems supporting 24x7 data center operators to achieve 99.999% uptime and 100% compliance with all customer SLAs.
- Assist in cross-market efforts to improve the Regional Operations group.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Implement and follow the company's facilities policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans and other technical documents.
- Drive change toward operational excellence goals by identifying constraints and propose solutions.
- Oversee, plan, and execute disaster recovery 'dry run' exercises.
- Oversee the installation of power for customer orders and other electrical modifications as assigned while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Assist with off-hours and weekend maintenance activities when required.
- Prepare reports on facility performance.
- Prepare reports on customer utilization, including space and power.
- Create a detailed Method of Procedures (MOP) & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all maintenance and operational aspects of the center.
- Provide data center training and development of training material for operational staff.
- Perform the assigned facility(s) rounds to ensure proper equipment operation, aesthetics, and cleanliness.
- Conduct data center tours with customers and prospects.
- Configure monitoring/alerting of facility equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Has engaged in extensive management, soft skill, and emotional intelligence training with a willingness to improve these skillsets
- 2+ years of experience with root cause analysis and troubleshooting/problem solving.
- 2+ years of experience within a critical infrastructure environment.
- An understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems involved in critical data center operations, including systems such as feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS units, PDU units, chillers, pumps, air handling units.
- Meets/exceeds functional/technical depth and complexity.
- Applicable trade experience.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk or stand for 50% of the time.
- Moderate to advanced keyboard and computer usage.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Driving (must possess valid driver's license and insurance, and be able to pass a MVR test prior to employment.
- Must be able to pass standard background check.
- Must pass pre-employment and compulsory drug screening.
- Electrical or mechanical certifications
- 3+ years of experience working in data centers with an emphasis on building and equipment operation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.