- Job Title
- HR Generalist
- Job ID
- Mainland, PA 19451
- Other Location
Accupac is hiring for a full-time HR Generalist to join our Mainland PA team.
HR Generalist Job Functions:This position handles all tactical aspects of HR functions. The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Senior HR Manager. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: leave of absence administration, employee relations, onboarding, policy implementation, affirmative action, and employment law compliance.
HR Generalist Essential Job Functions:
- Policies & Compliance
- Knowledge of government regulations and compliance needs at a federal, state, and local level. Maintain compliance with all regulations concerning employment.
- Research and administrate appropriate resources relating to specific legislation, e.g., FMLA, ADA, DOL, etc. as necessary.
- Administer affirmative action program (EEO)
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Onboarding & Offboarding
- Receive and address all Unemployment Compensation issues, correspondence, notices and hearings.
- Responsible for all phases of onboarding and terminations.
- Assist in the recruitment process and coach managers on skills needed to do the role.
- Employee Updates
- Prepare changes for payroll and research payroll issues as necessary.
- Maintains accurate and up to date HRIS records and compiles reports from the database.
- Employee Relations
- Maintain good employee relations by being accessible to current employees. Offer assistance, guidance and coaching as needed.
- Conduct interventions & fact-finding investigations and resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Manager Coaching
- Meet with management team on a monthly basis to discuss employee performance.
- Work with Managers and Supervisors to ensure effective training and development of all employees.
- Lead and work closely with supervisors and employees in Performance Reviews and the Performance Improvement Process.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HR Generalist Minimum Requirements:
- Conduct themselves ethically in all situations and have an approachable demeanor
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and HR Systems
- Strong in problem solving, communication, adaptability, dependability, planning and organization
- Ability to work independently, own projects and maintain positive relationships
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to fluently communicate in English
- Walking/Standing on concrete floors for up to two (2) hour per day and walking long distances.
- Sitting for 80-90% of the workday.
- Climbing step stools and maintaining balance.
- Lift/Carry items up to 10 pounds.
- Pushing/Pulling items up to 10 pounds.
- Hear/Execute clear speech, in person and over the telephone.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the company.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Minimal evening and weekend work may be required.
Travel: Local travel to various worksites as required.
Education and/or Experience: A bachelor’s degree and two to five years’ human resource experience. Prefer PHR or SPHR and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Policies & Compliance
- Required Skills
• Conduct themselves ethically in all situations and have an
• Strong in problem solving, communication, adaptability,
dependability, planning and organization.
• Well-versed in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and
PowerPoint) and HR Systems.
• Ability to work independently, own projects and maintain
• Valid driver’s license is required.
• Ability to fluently communicate in English.
Education and/or Experience:
A bachelor’s degree and two to five years’ human resource experience. Prefer PHR or SPHR and experience in a manufacturing environment.