Director of Communications
- Job Title
- Director of Communications
- Job ID
- Portland, TN 37148
- Other Location
Director of Communications
Location: Portland, TN
Inventing Simple® isn’t just a slogan to us, it’s a way of life. Using simple plug-and-play ideology, we revolutionized solar installations in 2003 with our Interconnect SystemTM. Our harnessing system is now the gold standard EPC’s use around the world. By using simple ideas, we are making solar energy a more affordable and clean power source for future generations.
The Director of Communication develops and execute our company's communication strategies to advance Shoal’s brand affinity and reputation globally. Be the key point of contact for media relations, crisis communications, and internal and external communications. This is a leadership role that requires an individual who can work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, demonstrate strategic thinking, and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and externally.
- Oversee Shoal’s corporate communication strategies, including media relations, crisis communication, and internal and external communications
- Manage media outreach program, including drafting press releases, managing media inquiries, and preparing executive spokespeople for interviews
- Manage crisis communications, including developing response plans with cross-functional parties and executing them effectively
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including local community offices, chamber of commerce, media outlets, industry analysts, and influencers
- With a lens of breakthrough and innovative storytelling, direct the development of national and local press outreach.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communication programs and initiatives, and use data to inform future strategy
- Oversee internal communications programs, including employee communications, executive communications, and company-wide announcements using an employer brand approach
- Ensure all communication is consistent, to the point, and befitting of the brand identity. This role will include (but not be limited to): Brand wide messaging (video and email), employee communications/newsletters, internal communication planning for significant initiatives, and other forms of effective and breakthrough communication.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to support key business initiatives, such as launches, corporate events, and partnerships.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field or an equivalent of 12+ years of experience in corporate communications, media relations, or related field
- Master’s degree preferred, in business, communications, public relations, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguous tasks and take on challenging projects
- Experience developing and executing various internal and/or external communications initiatives
- Experience meeting and working against deadlines in an often-demanding environment
- Experience in develop strategies, organizing and leading large enterprise initiatives
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic communication plans
- Experience managing crisis communications and media outreach programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Technical skills – Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
Shoals Technologies Group, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.