- Job Title
- Controls Technician
- Job ID
- Millville, NJ 08332
- Other Location
What IF you started your career with a company set on excellence through building relationships and delivering results? Joining Innovation Foods is just that! A career here means you are joining a rapidly growing organization, known for its community outreach, diversity, inclusivity, and premier production facilities.
In addition to being a great place to work, Innovation Foods strives to offer its employees a holistic career experience that incorporates learning and development, wellness, and exceptional benefits.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription plans with wellness incentives
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account (on applicable plans)
- 401k Plan – with a company match
- Company-funded Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Company funded Life Insurance Policy
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days*
Location: Millville, NJ
Shift: 1st Shift
Reports to: Plant Manager
The Controls Technician is responsible for the beverage manufacturing and packaging equipment and will serve as a subject matter expert in PLC, hydraulics, electrical, and pneumatics usage. Through the use of preventative maintenance processes, the Controls Technician promotes continuous improvement efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes all OSHA and facility safety rules and regulations.
- Performs required PLC maintenance and service.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment using programmable logic controls.
- Assures PLC preventive maintenance program is conducted on all plant equipment.
- Participate in and direct troubleshooting activities in the event of equipment failure including participation in failure analysis, problem solving and prevention.
- Develop positive and respectful interactions with managers, supervisors, maintenance technicians, and machine operators.
- Complete all required training on time.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment including 3 phase motors, control wiring, 24VDC, 120VAC, 208/220VAC, 480VAC
- Experience with Controls for Conveyor Systems and Power Transmissions, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pumps and Valves.
- Experience with Temperature controls and I/P loops.
- Familiarity with Lock-Out Tag-Out Authorized, Hot Work, Confined Space and HECP.
- Must be able to use RS Logix 5000, RS Logix 500, or RS Logix 5 software for machine troubleshooting.
- Must be able to go online with Control Logix, Compact Logix, SLC500, or PLC5 using either Ethernet I/P, DH+, or RS232. Must be able to download PLC program if necessary.
- Must be able to replace Panelview Plus and download application using RS View Studio Machine Edition.
- Must be able to replace and configure AB Powerflex 40, 400, and 525 VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) and AB Kinetix servo systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Ability to regularly stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility.
- Ability to read, speak, and write in English.
- Required to regularly lift up to 50lbs.
- Flexibility to work overtime and additional shifts based on business needs.
- Collaborator - able to work with other members of the processing team.
- Adaptive - adjusts to changing priorities and conditions.
- Motivated - self-starter with the ability to work in a team and independently to achieve team objectives.
- Safety conscious - abide by all safety measures put in place at Innovation Foods.
- Customer focused – understands the need for the highest standard of food quality in production.
- Pay Range
- $30.00 Hourly to $38.00 Hourly