Submersible Pump Seal Engineer
- Job Title
- Submersible Pump Seal Engineer
- Job ID
- Tulsa, OK 74146
- Other Location
We are currently seeking a Seal Engineer to join our team to research, design, develop, test, and support the manufacturing of rotating equipment for submersible oil field applications. The Seal Engineer is expected to be self-directed and able to take the initiative to support the company and employees by providing proactive coaching/mentoring, and helping our organization achieve success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, maintains, implements, or improves submersible pump products with emphasis on shaft sealing, hydrodynamic bearings, fluid separation barriers, and thermal expansion.
- Develops or improves product acceptance testing requirements.
- Performs a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Works with customers, suppliers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Researches metallurgy, material properties, tribology, thermal profiles of dynamic systems, and static sealing components as required.
- Creates reports and compiles data regarding existing and potential mechanical engineering projects and studies.
- Ensures compliance with specifications or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Prepares specifications for purchases of mechanical equipment and materials.
- Supervises or trains project team members.
- Estimates material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
- Supports quality assurance with component and product acceptance and rejection criteria
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline from an accredited school.
- 1-8 years of experience with rotating equipment preferred.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced working environment.
- Comfortable working in a mixed environment of office and manufacturing support.
- Proficient in design and calculation software.
- Knowledge of ASME drafting standards and GD&T preferred.
- SolidWorks experience preferred.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
© Copyright 2022 Extract