Data Governance Specialist
- Job Title
- Data Governance Specialist
- Job ID
- Pleasanton, CA 94588
- Other Location
Data Governance Specialist
11+ months W2 Contract
Pleasanton, CA, On-site
Benefits You’ll Love:
- NextDeavor offers health, vision and dental benefits for contract employees.
- You’ll be eligible to receive Paid Sick Leave (Amount varies per state).
- Own the opportunity to get your foot in the door at a well-established corporation, with the likelihood of extension or conversion to full time employment (NextDeavor’s conversion rate is approximately 70%!)
Become a key player as a Data Governance Specialist:
Workday is looking for a highly meticulous, organized Data Specialist to join our data analytics and operation team. The role will be in close collaboration with the Insight & Innovation Strategy, Business Technology, and Business Intelligence teams on various work streams related to knowledge management and the related change processes. The role will be responsible for collecting, understanding, curating, synthesizing, and ensuring consistency in metrics and ETL process documentation.
The successful candidate would have a solid understanding of relational databases and on how to relate metric and data. They have passion for organizing and creating structures for work tasks. They are able to understand and communicate the needs for their projects and manage multiple streams of work happening in parallel. They are partnering well with business and technical stakeholders, and proactively resolve blockers when they arise.
Here’s how you’ll make an impact on the team:
- Partner with the Business Intelligence and Insight & Innovation Strategy team to analyze and build reports to understand, monitor, alert, and improve data quality issues.
- Establish key metric ownership and partnering with the Insight & Innovation Strategy team to facilitate data quality change process discussions.
- Lead documentations of business and technical definitions for key metrics and related ETL processes to ensure consistency across teams and reflect accurately on the enterprise knowledge management tool.
- Partnering with the Data Governance and Insight & Innovation Strategy teams to identify and propose improvements for metric definitions and ETL documentation process.
- Facilitate business process discussions, document process diagrams and governance implications to support definition and technical logic changes, and act as change management champion, while keeping the idea of creating repeatable and scalable processes and deliverables at the forefront.
- Track milestones, manage task/project dependencies, manage and monitor task progress, streamline execution, increase overall efficiency, and deliverable status updates throughout the project.
- Ensure overall project/program quality and look for ways to Collaborate closely with Insight & Innovation team leadership and colleagues to support ad-hoc requests
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Analytics, Statistics or at least 5 years of equivalent work experience in Data Analytics
- Proven track record of implementing Data Governance, Data Quality or Data Stewardship initiatives
- Knowledge of the technologies used in a B2B tech stack, including CRM tools (Salesforce), related Analytics tools, ETL process, and Data Warehouse
- 4+ years of hands-on experience using scripting languages such as SQL
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with BI tools such as Tableau
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient and process-oriented
$59.00 - $64.51/hourly
Ready to make your mark? Apply now for the opportunity to shape the future at Workday as a Data Governance Specialist!
- Pay Range
- $59.00 Hourly to $64.51 Hourly