Sales Engineer - Electric Vehicles
- Job Title
- Sales Engineer - Electric Vehicles
- Job ID
- Other Location
Sales Engineer – Electric Vehicles: Shoals Technologies Group
Inventing Simple® isn’t just a slogan to us, it’s a way of life. Using simple plug-and-play ideology, we revolutionized solar installations in 2003 with our Interconnect SystemTM. Our harnessing system is now the gold standard EPC’s use around the world. By using simple ideas, we are making solar energy a more affordable and clean power source for future generations.
This person will be driving Shoal’s EV Charging solutions into the eMobility market. The applicant must be willing to wear multiple hats and be able to solve problems without looking to others for specific direction. This position partners with the sales team to discover the eMobility challenges faced by the customer and with product management to devise solutions using Shoals eMobility offerings. Comfort in a startup environment will be needed. The eMobility Sales Engineer will be responsible for site evaluation, solution design, price and cost estimation versus traditional methods of deployment, and margin achievement for Shoals eMobility offerings. Those offerings include power conversion and protection systems, Cabling, Cable raceways and charging systems. The candidate will be a self starter with the ability to envision difficult challenges and arriving at the best possible alternative with little outside guidance. The position requires an excellent technical background in EV charging and field construction of EV charging solutions in addition to being very comfortable in front of customers describing the solution and business reasons why it is the best choice.
The eMobility Sales Engineer will be responsible for working arm in arm with sales and product management to determine the best possible solution to meet customer EV charging needs. They must have extensive knowledge of the offerings and must understand the value proposition which distinguishes these offerings. Specific areas of responsibility include site evaluation, solution design, price and cost estimation for Shoals eMobility customers, partnering with sales to win deals, and partnering with field operations to fulfill awarded projects. They will work with the Shoals VP of Sales, Product Management and the SVP of EV Solutions to determine the best solutions to meet customer needs by using Shoals offerings and offerings of those provided by partner companies.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Talk directly with customers, product management and engineers to assess needs and to determine customer requirements.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers.
- Prepare specific quotes to solve customer needs by using Shoals solutions, offerings of partner companies and identifying solutions for missing elements of the proposal.
- Help in researching and developing new products as required.
- Recommend improved solutions to customers versus the traditional ways of deploying EV Charging solutions, showing how changes will lower costs, decrease site disruption and increase quality.
- Partner with sales to secure and renew orders and arrange delivery.
- After an award, prepare technical order documents to feed to supply chain, prepare project plan to fulfill customer order.
- Spend time on site as required to ensure the project is successfully deployed and the customer is delighted.
- Establish service delivery and service assurance processes, methods and procedures to ensure that sales team members spend maximum time selling.
- Ensure utilization of the CRM and drive sales efficiency maximizing the potential of the CRM.
- Provide report of field activities and communicate VOC data to other team members via the CRM.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years in EV Charging deployments and/or engineering of EV charging systems
- Proven track record of success in exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Superb leadership ability
- AC and DEC power systems engineering design experience preferred
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time