- Job Title
- AR Clerck
- Job ID
- Portland, TN
- Other Location
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Overview: This position will support the accounting team in performing the company's accounts receivable and sales order entry function (order to cash process), ensuring that the company receives timely payment for goods and services offered to customers. This position will not manage direct reports.
- Enter incoming quotes and sales orders into the company ERP system.
- Create invoices according to company practices.
- Submit invoices, using electronic billing systems, email, and/or traditional mail, directly to customers.
- Prepare, post, verify and record customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Communicate customer changes in billing addresses, contacts, or payment methods to the appropriate internal departments.
- Identify delinquent accounts by reviewing files, payment status, and aging of A/R balances.
- Draft correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections.
- Contact customers directly to solicit payment for overdue accounts.
- Research discrepancies between invoices and paid amounts.
- Assist in monthly reporting and analysis of accounts receivable aging and balances.
- Assist in reconciliation of revenue, receivables, and bank accounts each month.
- Copy, file, and retrieve backup materials as required for customer communications, payments, adjustments, and SOX controls.
- Notify accounting team of challenges or issues with any customer accounts.
- Performs other duties related to accounts receivable.
- High school diploma is required
- Two years related office/billing/accounts receivable experience is required Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to operate office equipment such as copiers, scanners, computers, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build relationships with customer accounts payable staff
Shoals Technologies Group, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.